Radar elevation way too sensitive on button

raelias

• 1 year later...

The radar elevation is still very difficult to control. On digital buttons its extremely sensitive, even on a (VKB Gladiator) digital decoder wheel its inconsistent how much a single step changes. And the "steps", even on the wheel, are so big that theyre sometimes skipping areas between min/max angle.

Ive tried putting it on the VKBs throttle just for testing (not really useful in closer range combat), and even that hardly works because it doesnt have enough moving space. Curves dont really help,

So for suggestions, I think these things could help improve antenna control:

1. Digital sensitivity needs to be way lower. Preferably adjustable, or with seperate low/high sense keys. But even high sensitivity keys needs to be way lower than the current rate.

2. Digital sensitivity needs to be more consistent, or work more in steps. Currently it controls so fine (or maybe inconsistent) that even a digital decoder wheel doesnt work consistently. For humans its just impossible to work it accurately.

3. For axises, there needs to be a slew option to be usable with spring loaded axis controls.

4. We need a 'recenter key' almost regardlessy, since digital controls and slew make it finnicky to recenter the switch.

Currently, the antena is hardly possible to operate with anything that doesnt perfectly replicate the F-16 antenna control disc. Which is almost nothing does.

Edited by Temetre

• 9 months later...

Hey guys,

A while ago I reported on discord bug of controls issue on F-16C and P47 (other topic) about rate of some controls. https://discord.com/channels/542985647502393346/1193250513689530509

Track is self-explanatory, just to be sure - I binded controls of keyboard to eliminate HOTAS etc..

Radar elevation is not able to set at specific altitude and jumps about 15k ft for 20nm and zoom level of TGP jumps for 2-3 zoom levels instead of 1.

Module is unflyable for me in every situation when I need radar (which is almost every situation), and this patch did not fixed it, I demanding quick hotfix or atleast some walkaround (and no, I will not bind radar elevation on axis, other modules as far as I test it works fine). Like I said, module for 60usd is unflayable for me for two months now..

Few patchs back it works good and without such a big jumps...

Thanks.

f16_tgpzoom_and_rdrelev_rate_2.trk

Edited by =BoB= David

• ED Team

I am not seeing any issue when I test. 

please ensure you have no double axis binds for the radar elevation. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Radar elevation and TGP zoom rate with keys
  • 1 month later...
  • BIGNEWY changed the title to Radar elevation way too sensitive on button
  • ED Team

Hi, I have merged the thread with the older one, and asked the team to take another look at the report about using button press on axis. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2