Anyone actually got it working ?!?

RyanFlint

Can you make a post with your dcs log and voice_chat log from your server.

The team will look at the info, thanks

Sure thing. I’ll do that tonight

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Files as requested:

log.zip

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 months later...

Scott / Bignewy, any update on this, it seems very hit and miss. As a small commercial operator of DCS World I'd like to have it working within our test store. Strangely, all configured but each client can only see it's own name on it's own simulator.

* All simulators (4) have static IP's

* All simulators have Voice Chat enabled

* All sound options set to correct devices

* The Server has Voice Chat enabled

* Telnet to the server IP on port 10309 works

Are we missing anything?

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Scott / Bignewy, any update on this, it seems very hit and miss. As a small commercial operator of DCS World I'd like to have it working within our test store. Strangely, all configured but each client can only see it's own name on it's own simulator.

Are we missing anything?

Why would you not use SRS? At the rate this feature is getting developed it's going to be a LONG time before it reaches the capabilities of SRS.

• ED Team

Are we missing anything?

Hi

can I ask you to attach your dcs logs for the team to check.

Voice is in its early stages currently and the team have had some issues with different hardware configs.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

can I ask you to attach your dcs logs for the team to check.

Voice is in its early stages currently and the team have had some issues with different hardware configs.

Thanks

Cheers Scott, we got it working. We double checked everything and rebooted everything including routers and wifi accesspoints etc.

In answer to the other person's question: Why do we want to use Voice Chat over SRS is because it is one less piece of software needed and it does work well. It will also only get better and we operate in house multiplayer not externally.

Having the voice and internal cockpit sounds via the headset and the engine / outside sounds via external speakers is great.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

In answer to the other person's question: Why do we want to use Voice Chat over SRS is because it is one less piece of software needed and it does work well. It will also only get better and we operate in house multiplayer not externally.

From following these threads, it's not sounding to me like it works well. SRS does work well and works with the plane radios. If you haven't used it you don't know what you're missing. And it seems a little odd that a professional installation would be afraid of running a second piece of server software. That's trivial. And, again, actually *works* with the *full* feature set that's a very long way off for DCS. (Phase 3 was the plan? 4?)

• ED Team
From following these threads, it's not sounding to me like it works well. SRS does work well and works with the plane radios. If you haven't used it you don't know what you're missing. And it seems a little odd that a professional installation would be afraid of running a second piece of server software. That's trivial. And, again, actually *works* with the *full* feature set that's a very long way off for DCS. (Phase 3 was the plan? 4?)

SRS is great, but some users don't want to have to mess with other software, eventually DCS Voice chat will have a lot more features and should make things a lot easier for members who want to just plug in and go.

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

SRS is great, but some users don't want to have to mess with other software, eventually DCS Voice chat will have a lot more features and should make things a lot easier for members who want to just plug in and go.

Thanks

I think we all share that sentiment. It's a bit hard to get anyone to use it whilst it's not got those in cockpit features, that's the other edge of the double edged sword that is OB.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Thanks

*Eventually* users should do that but they can't do that now as the feature set is pitifully small. (A global chat *room*? In an aircraft sim with a radio paradigm? No idea what you guys are even thinking there, other than it's probably lifted straight from the open source example. This shouldn't be that hard, and there's no reason why it shouldn't have launched fully functional instead of being rolled out piecemeal over who knows how long.)

And you think your software doesn't have to be "messed with" or is "easy"? Do you think it just "plugs in and goes"? Seriously?

When you have something equivalent to or better than SRS has to offer, *then* suggest people use it.

• ED Team
*Eventually* users should do that but they can't do that now as the feature set is pitifully small. (A global chat *room*? In an aircraft sim with a radio paradigm? No idea what you guys are even thinking there, other than it's probably lifted straight from the open source example. This shouldn't be that hard, and there's no reason why it shouldn't have launched fully functional instead of being rolled out piecemeal over who knows how long.)

And you think your software doesn't have to be "messed with" or is "easy"? Do you think it just "plugs in and goes"? Seriously?

When you have something equivalent to or better than SRS has to offer, *then* suggest people use it.

Voice chat is in early stages we are very clear about it, but people will make their own choices, if they want to use the rooms we have created already they will, if they want to use SRS they will, it isn't for me to say what they should or shouldn't use.

• ED Team
I fly this sim for realism. Wake me up when the feature is realistic. That's all.

Thanks for the feedback.

Voice chat is in early stages we are very clear about it, but people will make their own choices, if they want to use the rooms we have created already they will, if they want to use SRS they will, it isn't for me to say what they should or shouldn't use.
Most important is, simplicity. If it does not work, more or less "out-of-the-box" it, isn't any different than all the other VoIP tools. Opening ports on firewalls, allowing applications in Windows or defining audio routings and devices is basically what inhibits a lot of people to use audio comms in any way.

I tried with a friend of mine. Unfortunately I have to be at his place to configure anything and we can only test when I am at my place again... let's say we now have SRS running. The internal "room" would be nice for the lobby and briefing, albeit I can't make it work. So it is back to Discord and SRS, again.

What I would love to see is something like SRS integrated into the radios in DCS without 3rd party stuff. In the briefing/lobby simply use a "specific frequency" like 999MHz and give the radios the option to "tune to 999MHz" with a specific key command?

Just ideas...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I know what you are saying as I am not putting down SRS at all. We are already using numerous pieces of software, reducing complexity is a plus. I for one am glad we have inbuilt chat functionality (whilst limited) and it will only get better.

• 2 months later...

Tried for 2hours to make VC work, but no luck.

Port forwarded, excluded in Firewall, all settings double checked. Does not work if I run server on my pc and also does not work if my friend and I connect on any multiplayer server.

Taking the exact same device setting into SRS works like a charm, so device input on both end are ok.

I would really prefer in build VC. Any suggestions what to check further.

THX

• 2 weeks later...

The concept of in-game Voice Chat is absolutely the only way to go. Having to use third party, discord stuff outside of the sim is an absolute joke compared with what Voice Chat is supposed to be. I'd love to see all MP servers get away from third party stuff and take a risk on Voice Chat so that we can get it running as well or better than SRS does now. :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display