[FOR NEXT OB] New RWR Sounds

lolpatrol

In Wags video on TWS for the Viper there was new RWR sounds at 4:36 min in the video. Did this get released this update? I only have the hornet RWR sounds and I'm so sick of hearing them.
It doesn't seem to be the case. I don't have new RWR sounds and neither do others I've talked to. I'm using a personal mod in the meantime, check out Tyrant's RWR mod in the User Files if you want.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

He did say that, and to be fair, he didn't say they'd change the sounds in this update, AFAIK. I think a lot of people, including me, thought we'd get the default sounds changed at least, but indeed, Wags never said so. Seems like they'll release it when they complete the library and the logic.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

With regards to RWR sounds, Tyrant’s F-16 mod no longer works. At all. I have replaced all of the wave files everywhere including the root directory, I added the F-16 folder to saved games, I even changed the files in the F/A-18 folder. It still finds the 18 sounds and replaces them..... WTF??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

With regards to RWR sounds, Tyrant’s F-16 mod no longer works. At all. I have replaced all of the wave files everywhere including the root directory, I added the F-16 folder to saved games, I even changed the files in the F/A-18 folder. It still finds the 18 sounds and replaces them..... WTF??

i just looked at the RWR lua.. Its got the F-5's RWR lua data in it. :huh:

Nineline said in the Discord, that the new sounds will probably make it into the game in the next patch.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

RWR mod works fine for me.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Link plz!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Just go to the User files on the digitalcombatsimulator.com website and search for sound mods. Its pretty close to the top.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Thread title changed to Next OB for new RWR sounds....nice :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have replaced every F/A-18 RWR sound file I could find and it doesn’t work. I did not however check the F-5 folder but will shortly.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

i just looked at the RWR lua.. Its got the F-5's RWR lua data in it. :huh:

Good find! I couldn’t figure out where DCS was pulling the F-18 tones from last night.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have replaced every F/A-18 RWR sound file I could find and it doesn’t work. I did not however check the F-5 folder but will shortly.....

Just installed it with JSGME. Shouldnt need to overwrite anything.

9./JG27