Viper landing weight

Midnightzulu

search f-16.net...a lot of real life tech stuff. just don't post links as dcs might get in trouble for posting military real life stuff :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

found this on the internet :)

Quote:

The maximum landing design gross weight (based on return from a normal air to ground mission) was (in 1979) 27,500 lb (also considerably higher now) and the design sink rate was 6 ft/sec, also not a good landing. A normal landing is usually between 1 and 2 ft/sec sink rate.

To summarize, at lighter gross weights, landings up to 10 ft/sec are OK and at heavier weights, landings up to 6 ft/sec are OK. What is the design sink rate for a max takeoff weight landing? Nobody knows, because the USAF did not pay General Dynamics to design for that condition. If there is an emergency right after a takeoff at max takeoff weight, a normal landing should be no problem for the landing gear. Of course, if it is safe to jettison stores, there will be more margin for error.

Of course, things like brake energy limits, available runway length, arrestment availability should also be considered.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The MLW varies by exact model. All F-16s have MTOW and MLW equal. If you're allowed to takeoff at the weight you're allowed to land at it.

There's no place in the F-16 to have your weight read to you. It's all preplanning and/or head math.

Head math....will be done by my wingman ;) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]