Vest gaming 3rd in DCS?

It's a nice idea and price tag but according to the compatible games list, it's and old product.

A Jetseat pad is a bet good investment and works great with dcs, other flight sims and simracing titles

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thanks Tundra. I have a buttckiker and i love it. This product is a low price oportunity (15 dolars XD XD ). I´m going to buy and probe

Let us know the results of your tests.

Do you have a single buttkicker or more units?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 3 months later...

This was the newest thread I could find on the 3rd Space Vest so decided to turn off lurker mode and resurrect it somewhat.

I have used the 3rd Space in conjunction with my JetSeat and bass shakers, and while I would buy the other two first, the 3rd Space Vest can be used to give the best direct feedback of G state (and a few other things) since the rumbles of the other two can get muddled in the exact rumbles' cause. When all 3 are combined the tactile feedback is a poor man's G Seat.

Now the problem is that I currently don't have it working with DCS. I'm using PS Cockpits 1.0.3 and while it will make my vest work with BMS, I keep getting a PS Cockpit's Error 6 code trying to get it to work with DCS despite following the recommended procedure. I'll post up here when I'm able to work through it or just in case there is somebody else that has it working. Until then, maybe this will put this put the 3rd Space Vest on few of your radars since these can often be found on eBay for a good deal and I think they may still be in production. If you are into tactile feedback, it adds an important layer.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

• 4 months later...

Update: I have a very basic software version (no GUI, just console) and more clunky than I would like on some of the cell inflations, but it works! It right now is working more like a basic G Seat than a G Suit. Again, I think you get more bang for your buck from the JetSeat and Simshaker bass effects, but this will improve your G cueing for sure.

List of effects:

-Positive G Stage 1 ~4Gs: lower back cells inflate to simulate being pushed into seat

-Positive G Stage 2 ~7Gs: upper back cells also inflate to simulate being pushed further into seat

-Negative G Stage 1 ~ -1G: upper front cells inflate to simulate feeling the straps go into your shoulders

-Negative G Stage 2 ~ -2G: lower front cells inflate to simulate further feeling the shoulder straps straps dig in

-Catapult Acceleration (~3Gs backwards): all back cells inflate together to simulate being pushed back into the seat

-Wire catch (~3Gs forward): all front cells inflate together to simulate being thrown against the seat belts

Software Roadmap:

-Code improvements!!! This is my first ever C++ project and very limited coding experience before this.

-GUI or would love for f4l0 to incorporate into SimShaker for Aviators

-Slider for G level activation for effects

-G Suit mode: unfolding the Vest makes it like a G Suit (see attached pictures). Right now looking at the code I haven't really been able to create a intensity effect on the cells so I may have to make suit mode inflate up the legs to the "cummerbund" as Gs increase instead of the cells inflating more and more over time.

-I don't think this is possible looking at the code but I would really like for this to happen: two 3rd Space Vests supports at the same time for both G Seat and G Suit simulation.

pfg-csu13.jpg.faeffe76da245c49959e2d7270759c8b.jpg

20160313_231057_zps34jkp6nx.jpg.eb7dbe12bf8a12f5122cdb140bb4184a.jpg

Edited by Snake122

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

I will read up on the vest, you've got my interest, if it works as a "poor mans" g-suit, I'm definitely in!

I have a jetseat aswell, but more immersions sounds good to me!

Do you think it's adaptable to real G pants and jacket?

No it won't be adaptable to a real G Suit, the 3rd Space Vest inflates but really more in small "cylinders" then large bladders. The valves work in different ways too.

I tried to incorporate a G-Suit into my cockpit circa 2005. I could never get the air flow controlled properly with the servo interfaces available back then. G-Suits are a relatively low pressure/high volume setup with is opposite of most pneumatics. I think it is possible today with the right valve because the hardware and software interfaces are better, bit I'm NOT going to be attempting that.

There is a bigger safety issue with using real G Suits (although there are some military sims that do and maybe a hobbyist out there that has now). I don't know if they inflate at lower pressure in the Sim, but my research shows that western suits activate at 1.5psi per G above 2 G, 10.5 psi maximum. 10.5 psi doesn't sound like much, but as far as I can tell, blood pressure cuffs normally only need 3-4 psi to overcome your 2-3 psi blood pressure. Show that's a lot of pressure/pain to be putting on your legs and abdomen for "fun". Real vascular damage can happen (I also think they are part of what causes "G-easles").

My plan then was to never to go for full inflate pressure back then, but the risk is there if your control valve fails and you don't have a good pressure relief valve that needs to work at a much lower pressure than most pneumatic valves. It was a crazy idea in my 20s to give better feedback but now at 40, that just sounds bad. Even the 3rd Space inflations are not what I would call comfortable, but they are not painful and are safe reminder that you are pulling Gs that would be hurting tons in real life.

I was unclear of what I meant, I was thinking if it might be possible to take out the bladders from the 3rd space vest and replace those in the real g-suit, as in "changing the cover"

Sorry for being a bit unclear :)

No problem, I needed to get that out of the way anyway :lol:. You probably could, but I haven't taken one apart yet. As you can see though in the pictures, it's relatively close, especially if you place the two lower back cells over your abdomen. The two "legs" would be the.left and right fronts of the vest.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Tundra. I have a buttckiker and i love it. This product is a low price oportunity (15 dolars XD XD ). I´m going to buy and probe

Where did you find it, at such a low price :huh:

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

Where did you find it, at such a low price :huh:

Apparently years ago a Spanish outlet computer shop got a bunch of them and got into a fire sale.

• 5 weeks later...

@Snake122: Do you share the software with us?

Sounds interesting.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

@Snake122: Do you share the software with us?

Sounds interesting.

Yes, send me a PM so I can send and explain. Since it is very basic software that I hope to improve, I'd like for it to not be too public for now.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk