Plane Launch From Underwater

Xilon_x

The British did it in the 70s to fight off some aliens

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

Correct this is a fake video and will never happen in DCS.

Thread moved to chit chat.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

how can you say that this video is fake?

some have posted that this video is true.

Dude it's fake

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

They did it in the 70s to fight off some aliens

Awesome series.

As my hair has now gone the same colour as Ed Straker's, I had to go buy a polar kneck jumper and a pair of aviators last year.

Whilst I know that it's not really in the ballpark for DCS, I do think that it would be really funny to have some mods to recreate the Shadowmobiles, Skydiver and the Aliens.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team

Trident.

My tin foil hat is very strong. :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What does one have to do with the other?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My tin foil hat is very strong. :)

Can you loan it to Xillon ? :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Quite a few nations were experimenting with this kind of concept in the 1960s to address issues of strike range and vulnerability of known bases, but that's pretty much all that came from it: a few funny photographs, a few hair-raising stories and a ton of concept drawings.

It's an interesting, maybe even charming, idea, but pretty much all of those who tried ended up concluding that the tremendous problems in operating a sub-borne airplane just weren't worth the effort. Top of the line fighters by then had evolved into complex machines that required meticulous care to function (see German Luftwaffe and its Starfighters, for example) so keeping them on the deck of a diving submarine was frankly impossible; at the same time submarine warfare had also evolved to the point that compromising the design of a submarine 'just' for a single fighter plane was out of the question as well.

It simply became easier to properly defend a more traditional aircraft carrier and extend the strike range of airplanes through in-flight refuelling, which had previously not been possible.

Really, Xilon? Man, I love your goofiness, but really?! This is not only a fake, it's a very poor fake. How do you not recognise that? I really, REALLY, REALLLLLLY urge you to take a more critical eye toward the stuff you watch. Btw, that's not an F-104, the tail is wrong, and the body seems shaped wrong. As for all the pretty models in Kremlin museums... uh... building it out of plastic at 1/1000 scale and building an actual functioning ship that like... floats and stuff... are two very different things. People have TALKED about doing such things for decades, but it has never actually happened because it's expensive, impractical, and unnecessary when there are vastly easier ways to accomplish the primary goals.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Really, Xilon? Man, I love your goofiness, but really?! This is not only a fake, it's a very poor fake. How do you not recognise that? I really, REALLY, REALLLLLLY urge you to take a more critical eye toward the stuff you watch. Btw, that's not an F-104, the tail is wrong, and the body seems shaped wrong. As for all the pretty models in Kremlin museums... uh... building it out of plastic at 1/1000 scale and building an actual functioning ship that like... floats and stuff... are two very different things. People have TALKED about doing such things for decades, but it has never actually happened because it's expensive, impractical, and unnecessary when there are vastly easier ways to accomplish the primary goals.

ok ok ok i apologize to all of you i will surely be wrong.

I watched the video carefully and noticed the photo montage.(is a trident)

but I seriously believed it I thought it was true.

So what do you think about these projects?

Americas-Super-Submarine-Aircraft-Carrier-AN-1-could-be-held-again.jpg

this photo looks real

that fighter seems to be an f-104 if I'm not mistaken and what submarine is it?

I think it's one of those early submarine deck-launched missiles, like the Regulus series. I don't think it's manned.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's one of those early submarine deck-launched missiles, like the Regulus series. I don't think it's manned.

Part of what I love about Cold War history is the crazy stuff like this.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

USS Grayback (SSG-574)

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/USS_Grayback_(SSG-574)

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

• 2 weeks later...

That looks like an RAN Skyhawk, too. Almost positive the RAN didn't deploy into the Falklands. Also, that nose is bending like an elephant's trunk.

I sense shoopery is afoot.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!