Looking help with VR FPS

tdyrsmid

I'm running the latest version of open beta and have the following system specs

CPU: I9 9900 @3.6Ghz

32MB RAM

RTX 2080 TI

Win10

Valve Index

In index software, I have resolution at recommended 150%. In game I have experimented with setting pixel density from 1.2 all the way to 2.0

No matter what I try, max FPS in the air is 45 and on the ramp at Nevada I'm getting around 30.

This seems awfully low to me and am wondering who to get more FPS?

Thanks!

Sounds about right . It's tough to get the full refresh rate on any headset in DCS , so they default to 1/2 . And yeah , airports won't reach that . Forget the numbers and enjoy the ride :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

No matter what I try, max FPS in the air is 45 and on the ramp at Nevada I'm getting around 30.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but I recently found that my Open Beta experience was getting painfully laggy in VR. I followed the old advice of deleting the contents of my C:\Users\<..name...>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\fxo and metashaders2 folders, and also turned off MSAA and it made a massive difference.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3570921

I don't tend to look at the specific FPS debug, but the experiential difference was very significant for me.

Don't know whether or not you'll see the same level of improvement, but I'd certainly recommend trying it out.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Did you underclock your CPU or is Intel's flagship model such an utterly slow device of Expensive, just with a useless gazillion of cores? I thought these were even close to 5GHz, but at least 4.something. My old 3570K already runs at 3.4GHz stock.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Did you underclock your CPU or is Intel's flagship model such an utterly slow device of Expensive, just with a useless gazillion of cores? I thought these were even close to 5GHz, but at least 4.something. My old 3570K already runs at 3.4GHz stock.

Thats the base, not turbo speed IIRC. Turbo is like 4.9 or 5 stock.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 1 month later...

32MB RAM

RTX 2080 TI

Win10

Valve Index

In index software, I have resolution at recommended 150%. In game I have experimented with setting pixel density from 1.2 all the way to 2.0

Thanks!

I've discovered that I have the same 45fps lock that you do, even when I fly in areas I know I get a full 90fps like up at 45000 looking straight up. Don't know how long I've had this issue for but its been awhile.

I've done a repair and have had updates since, also I've deleted the fxo and metashaders2 folders which I do as a course of action whenever I update.

I'm running very smooth stutter free but would like to be able to use ingame shortcuts ASW 1-4.

Did you find a fix?

Edited by fitness88

“Would like to use in game asw 1-4?

Can you explain the what, where and want of this statement?

Still trying to familiarize myself with the bazillion adjustments.

What will this accomplish?

Thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

32MB RAM

RTX 2080 TI

Win10

Valve Index

Thanks!

Why would you set SS in both Steam VR and DCS (PD)?

Use one or the other.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

“Would like to use in game asw 1-4?

Can you explain the what, where and want of this statement?

Still trying to familiarize myself with the bazillion adjustments.

What will this accomplish?

Thanks

Oculus Introduces Asynchronous Spacewarp 2.0 for Oculus Rift

The tech aims to provide higher-quality VR on lower-spec hardware.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2019/04/oculus-introduces-asynchronous-spacewarp-2-0-for-oculus-rift/

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=224202&d=1577904383

Oculus Introduces Asynchronous Spacewarp 2.0 for Oculus Rift

The tech aims to provide higher-quality VR on lower-spec hardware.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2019/04/oculus-introduces-asynchronous-spacewarp-2-0-for-oculus-rift/

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=224202&d=1577904383

And as for the asw1-4 reference, Oculus gave users a quick way to choose what mode ASW should be used. The ATW listed below is basically the first generation of ASW.

The KP stands for the number keypad

CTRL+KP1 - Disable ASW and USE ATW

CTRL+KP2 - Force apps to 45hz, DISABLE ASW

CTRL+KP3 - Force apps to 45hz, ENABLE ASW

CTRL+KP4 - Enable ASW to operate automatically

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Why would you set SS in both Steam VR and DCS (PD)?

Use one or the other.

What Don is saying is that you are needlessly supersampling at the SteamVR level, and within DCS. So you're double-dipping *and* eating FPS.

Now the thing to note is that in DCS, setting PD to 0 means you're not asking DCS to super-sample.

But in steamVR 100% means you are *not* super-sampling it. So 1.5 in DCS is equivalent to 150% in SteamVR, makes sense?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

That’s what I found. My system seems to run better steam 100. DCS IPD 1.6- 1.8

On a side note. I Have been running a mild OC on my GPU using MSI afterburner with excellent results. I watched a video today pointing out that Afterburner has an Auto “test and tune” that essentially tests and over clocks itself. The caveat is it optimizes everything but the memory OC.

Ran the utility, manual added 500 to my memory clock and wowza!!!

Solidly above 45 at 90hrz, and most pertinent dcs setting at med or high. Smooth, clear, no hiccups and very little ghosting of passing aircraft.

Interestingly, I was quite happy beforehand with the F14 in caucuses and Persian gulf. But noticed when I ran Normandy today for first time, much doubling of objects On ground. (Double telephone poles ect).

The above change cleared all that up and still solidly above 45 fps even in a busy multi player.

Getting there!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

And as for the asw1-4 reference, Oculus gave users a quick way to choose what mode ASW should be used. The ATW listed below is basically the first generation of ASW.

The KP stands for the number keypad

CTRL+KP1 - Disable ASW and USE ATW

CTRL+KP2 - Force apps to 45hz, DISABLE ASW

CTRL+KP3 - Force apps to 45hz, ENABLE ASW

CTRL+KP4 - Enable ASW to operate automatically

My second link above explains the shortcut keys...unfortuantely I cannot get them to work anymore, I'm locked at 45fps.

Index, 90 FPS with the Instant Action scenarios as described by Wags.

Roughly 45 on general MP servers. 30 on heavy situations in MP when DCS decides to barf resources and not recycle them properly. Happens over time, restart DCS usually resolves it.

SteamVR on 125%, PD on 1.0, MSAA 2x, and the rest is rather common best practise VR settings.

Intel® Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

32768MB RAM

RTX 2080 Ti

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning