SU-33 carrier landing almost impossible?!

You are -supposed- to be light when landing on a carrier. You don't load munition you won't use, 'cause you have to dump it into the sea before landing. Similarily, excess fuel must be dumped.

This Superbug doesnt drop its munition ;) though I think it's not very heavy anyway. http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1260591/L/

It has 1 AIM-9, 1 AIM-120, 2 GBU-12?, 1 Maverick, 1 fueltank, 1 FLIRpod?

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Yep - about 2000-2500lbs of stuff onboard. On the other hand, he's probably got min fuel left (maybe 4000lbs?)

I recall tomcats couldn't land with AIM-54's attached.

The point is ... you do NOT land on carriers in any configuration resembling 'heavy' ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Nope, it just seems it spread really quick, IOC was 2004, IIRC.

And yeah, looks like some 3000lbs of stuff hanging off that thing's wings. On the other hand notice that there's nothing else on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

well, headwind... full brakes, and chute should help.

I'll bet you can do it w/o the headwind. You still need the entire length of the deck.

Yes, track please!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Well if you find that difficult, then you havent tried landing the SU25t on normal runway!!!

I am currently trying to learn to fly the SU-25T and it seems quite tough to maneuver...easily prone to side stalls...heavy and irresponsive...tendency to fly at high AOA...etc!

On the other hand, I really like the hud layout and weapons capability. It does everything the "vanilla" version does with the vast addition in smart weapons. All in all I think its a great plane to fly but kinda tough to learn!

...heavy and irresponsive...

Do not Forget to set your Pitch and Roll Axis Curvs to Linear - much more responsive/natural.

Another hint would be to re-map the default 2-keypress trim input to a single keypress for more responsive trim.

And Enjoy - Once you've got her mastered she's Graceful yet Deadly :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Could you expand on that please, in laymens terms hows that done :helpsmilie:

Default Keypress for trim in LockOn Input menu is as follows:

[Ctrl-;] [Ctrl-,] [Ctrl-.] [Ctrl-/] - (2-Keypress Input)

Re-Map the keypress in the LockOn Input Menu to a single Keypress. In my case it's re-mapped to:

[Arrow Up] [Arrow Down] [Arrow Left] [Arrow Right] - (1 Keypress Input)

Hope that makes sense :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Re-Map the keypress in the LockOn Input Menu to a single Keypress.

Yeah, sorry I was being a bit think there :music_whistling:

What does confuse me however, is the direction of the carrier in relation to the wind. Everyone says that the carrier heads into the wind, but this doesn't seem right to me.

The runway is offset by 7°, so if the wind (say 30 knots), is coming from due north should the carrier (at 30 knots), head;

1) Due north, which by my reconning creats a cross wind;

2) A heading of 007 so that the wind is right accross the flight deck;

3) A heading of 014 so that the average wind is accross the flight deck.

:doh: