OK to assume 60hz is fine for flight simulation?

I know everyone gets all hot and bothered these days when it comes to refresh rates... And I can see how 120 or 144hz is great for FPS etc but I'm guessing it would be placebo effect for flight simulation. I'd think contrast ratio, deep blacks for night flight and gsync is infinitely more important than refresh rate for simulation... Looking for best value monitor or TV 32 - 43in

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hold 60 fps is the sweet spot for flight sims. Fast combat sims especially...

I have a 144hz G Sync monitor set to 120hz, Sim locked at 60 fps lol.

This is because of TRack IR, it doesn't like to get between 60 and 120 fps. Locking it to one of these makes for much better and smoother panning. G Sync can still help I believe, more noticeable in large MP sessions.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I only run 144Hz Displays on my System, but for flightsim use,only VR with the Reverb and 90FPS.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Hold 60 fps is the sweet spot for flight sims. Fast combat sims especially...

I have a 144hz G Sync monitor set to 120hz, Sim locked at 60 fps lol.

This is because of TRack IR, it doesn't like to get between 60 and 120 fps. Locking it to one of these makes for much better and smoother panning. G Sync can still help I believe, more noticeable in large MP sessions.

Thanks guys... David, I was particularly interested in your comment about TIR. I was wondering if faster might actually be worse... Does any multiple of 60 work?

So, do you lock at 60fps because the sim is somewhere between 60hz and 120 hz? Or said another way, if you got 200fps all the time, would you lock the sim at 120hz?

Thanks guys... David, I was particularly interested in your comment about TIR. I was wondering if faster might actually be worse... Does any multiple of 60 work?

So, do you lock at 60fps because the sim is somewhere between 60hz and 120 hz? Or said another way, if you got 200fps all the time, would you lock the sim at 120hz?

Many of us pull back to 60 fps to smooth it all out and somthing the system can hold. I guess I could reach 120 and sort of stay at 120 most of the time. I would need to pull back some settings which I don't really want to do.

So I just set a fixed rate at 60 with nvidia inspector.

Not sure about all the in's and out's of it, something to do with the camera polling. I just tried it and it was much smoother when under 120 fps, when you pan around. It's very small micro stutters, just try it. It's not massively noticeable all the time, it is there tho.

BitMaster started a fix petition thread last year.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link