Pictorial Start-up Guide

Johnny Dioxin

Just uploaded - as per the tutorial mission, minus the engine power tests.

https://sites.google.com/view/virtual-pilot/dcs-world/mig-19p

Will have the kneeboard version up tomorrow, barring any issues.

Edited by Brixmis
link update

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Thanks for this. Just went ahead and bought the module on sale, be nice to know how to start it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You're welcome - desperately needed it for myself, too, for the same reason.

Kneeboard files are now also uploaded - anyone can view and download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B4L-LMj1_UvsAK0yalb571oSad2Oauq3

*as always - place the MiG-19P folder into C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\DCS(.openbeta)\Kneeboard\

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

my procedure is as pictorial.

Ok, the problem is not there.

because I have the MiG 15, MiG 21 F-86, and all of them when I move the throttles, regardless of whether they have power or not. The problem is on the plane. Now answer me: do you have the miG 19 ??? and is it working ???

in cold & dark, nothing works, not even the front or rear throttles. without power or with earth energy.

the joystick works for roll and pitch.

Ralt + home, or home alone, nothing happens.

I ask again, please, do you have the 19P ???

I have the MiG-19, I only make guides for the modules I own and I go through all the procedures to make sure they are accurate before I upload them.

Like AeriaGloria said - it's difficult to help because it's unclear what is happening with your sim.

You have the module on Steam, okay, but this shouldn't affect how it operates - in that respect it's exactly the same (or should be) as the DCS downloaded module and sim.

Are you saying that you get as far as starting the engines but get no response when trying to move the throttles to the idle position?

Edit: Reading through again, it looks like you are saying that no controls are working except your joystick axes? If that's the case the only thing I can suggest is checking the controls panel and making sure that the keyboard controls have not been wiped (I don't even know if they can be, but it's all I can think of right now).

Are you using a standard Windows keyboard?

Have you tried redownloading the module?

Are the controls working if you load up a quick start mission which starts in the air?

Another thought - please let us know which controllers you are using and whether you have assigned them to anything in the sim (and specifically the MiG-19 module). Is it just keyboard controls that don't work? Have you tried operating things in the VC with the mouse?

tbh it would be better if you asked in another forum section, such as the bugs and problems section - I don't know enough about the module to be able to go into deep fault-finding issues with controls.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

R alt + Home is only putting your left throttle in idle. You should be able to move it once it’s in idle, but you will need to put both throttle to idle for them to both start and fly

It’s always a good idea to fly an instant action where you start in the air to make sure you have all the primary controls bound. Just in case the issue is your binding, it has to be bound manually usually in the control menu. Not all joysticks and throttle have default profiles for every module or is bound to the correct axis.

If you upload a track or a video or something else it would be easier to help you.

If by R alt + home you were trying to do auto start, that is L Win + home

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I will keep trying. but one question reminded me that on a free flight mission the throttles don't work either, they don't accelerate or slow the plane

'll tell you what I got, I contacted Razbam

For now, thank you very much for your patience.

I hope that a Moderator will clean the thread, as this person’s issue has nothing to do with the thread purpose .. I find it very rude when people take whatever thread to ask for help, rather than starting their own :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB