Redkite : JF-17 Targeting Pod tutorial

RedKite

Awesome man. Your vids are my goto ones for learning new planes.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

@Redkite - great video, well explained and very useful. Thank you.

As a side note, I cannot wait for this full-glass cockpit equipped 4th gen jet to hit DCS. I wonder if this will be the most modern iteration of any jet we'll see in DCS (fingers crossed it's not).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

@Redkite - great video, well explained and very useful. Thank you.

As a side note, I cannot wait for this full-glass cockpit equipped 4th gen jet to hit DCS. I wonder if this will be the most modern iteration of any jet we'll see in DCS (fingers crossed it's not).

It very well might be if deka keeps updating it to match real life.

I'd decided to go with some of the more advanced systems as the basics are easier to learn. I don't have the time to work up to it, so i prioritise difficult topics to try and help the most people where they might struggle. I highly recommend Chuck's work in progress guide and Jabber's channel too!

Creator of DCS Tutorials and Flightsim content

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedKiteRender

very nice video.

and very nice modelisation of the airplane too. I really loved the focus the camera was doing when changing the zoom level.

I don't like the JF-17 as a plane, but I'll definitely buy and use this module.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

very nice video.

and very nice modelisation of the airplane too. I really loved the focus the camera was doing when changing the zoom level.

I don't like the JF-17 as a plane, but I'll definitely buy and use this module.

Same... but the plane feels very feature rich and modern. Something I have been wanting for to fly in DCS. I don't mind legacy 4th gen as they are still commonly used (F18, F16) but this is a modern take.

I'm sure the Pakistan pilots wouldn't mind a F18E or the F21 (new gen F16) but they are content with their inexpensive yet capable JF-17... Much better than flying a modernized (or legacy) Mig-21 lol...

I can get the whole JTAC procedure, with the JTAC lasing the target, I have the code set right, I do the LSS track, I slave the pod to the illuminated target, but when I release the weapon it does not track the laser.

When I go to the weapons screen the right laser code is displayed. What I cannot do either is switch to point mode when I am in laser track. I must be doing something wrong? When I self-designate and lase it works.

Edited by tflash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No idea if I'm missing some simple little thing or I've got a broken TPOD.

Followed the vid instructions (and the guide), hit POD >> WMD7 >> WMD POD Aligning >> Remain Time: 0

Please help

It is recognized as a bug, I believe DIS has this fixed internally, so all we have to do is wait for a patch.

DCS open beta / FC3 / MiG21 / F/A18C / M2000 / Huey / MIG19 / JF17 / F14 / Hind - Ryzen 5600X-32GB DDR4 3466- RTX 3070Ti 8GB - 1TB PCI4 m.2  / TM16M joy + throttle + pedals + freetrack+trackclip

No idea if I'm missing some simple little thing or I've got a broken TPOD.

Followed the vid instructions (and the guide), hit POD >> WMD7 >> WMD POD Aligning >> Remain Time: 0

Please help

Workaround: Make your WMD7 to SOI and press IFF interrogate.

I can get the whole JTAC procedure, with the JTAC lasing the target, I have the code set right, I do the LSS track, I slave the pod to the illuminated target, but when I release the weapon it does not track the laser.

When I go to the weapons screen the right laser code is displayed. What I cannot do either is switch to point mode when I am in laser track. I must be doing something wrong? When I self-designate and lase it works.

You need to disable LSS mode by pressing the button.

Creator of DCS Tutorials and Flightsim content

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedKiteRender

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • uboats unpinned this topic