How to update DCS?

nthere

I have 2 version DCS,steam and standalone,but standalone version can not update , i try to use powershell and update icon in start menu,all is useless,it tell me version 384 is updated,but it is wrong,i move all doc from d disk to e disk,it just work well once,and then ,not work well anymore.somebody can help me?

... standalone version can not update , i try to use powershell and update icon in start menu,all is useless ...

Don't use Powershell, use the regular Command prompt, like this:

ZowHnPp.jpg

For the Command prompt icon, I use this target (it starts the command prompt, but on the folder of my choosing):

%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k pushd "G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Openbeta\Bin"

Replace G:\Progra... with the path of your own DCS.

Then, to update I open this shortcut and type the command: "DCS_Updater Update"

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

it seem like not work...

tDWmeG2

Seems that you are on the stable release, and on that version the 2.5.5.39384 is indeed the latest. My DCS is the Openbeta release, and on that one the latest version is 2.5.5.40269. So, you are OK and have to wait a bit until ED updates the Stable release, probably on next week.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
Don't use Powershell, use the regular Command prompt, like this:

For the Command prompt icon, I use this target (it starts the command prompt, but on the folder of my choosing):

%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k pushd "G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Openbeta\Bin"

Replace G:\Progra... with the path of your own DCS.

Then, to update I open this shortcut and type the command: "DCS_Updater Update"

Thank you so much Mr Rudel_chw, It solved my problem. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb