Easy refueling

ivo

Hi, developers make please an option for easy in air refueling like in the old Falcon4.

bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

even if I'm not aligned with the filler?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

It's already easier than drogue. If anything, ED needs to rework AAR refueling as a whole, some items off the top of my head:

*Tanker stating speed at which it flies

*Tanker calling turns before executing them

*Possibility to control tanker flight path from f10 map (so you can keep it safe and move it closer to the Frontline as needed)

*Boom effect on refueled aircraft (ie moving it around

*Option for infinite tanker fuel (so it doesn't rtb after a few refuels)

*Create new "hybrid" class of tanker so that KC-135mprs can refuel planes with both drogue and boom

Regards

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

It's already easier than drogue. If anything, ED needs to rework AAR refueling as a whole, some items off the top of my head:

*Possibility to control tanker flight path from f10 map (so you can keep it safe and move it closer to the Frontline as needed)

*Create new "hybrid" class of tanker so that KC-135mprs can refuel planes with both drogue and boom

+1 especially for the callouts and the boom effect. Better drogue physics (it's apparently worked on) would also be very much appreciated, alongside a newer S-3 tanker model.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Regards

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

Yeah +1

Regards

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

This isn't easy refueling like Falcon4.

On falcon 4 when you contact the tanker and you are under the plane even if you are not perfectly aligned the filler automatically hooks you

I'd bet if we get a contact that is more like the real thing, we would not need an easy refueling option. Now it is more than a "magic fuel box" (thx @ harlikwin) where we have to stay in to get fuel. That's not how it works with a boom IRL. The boom operator is a lot more of help IRL with contact and then he can move small planes like the Viper around so you don't have to be as exact as in DCS throttle and steering wise.

source: Sierra99, former boom operator

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3966927&postcount=7

Edited by Tom Kazansky

I find the drogue easier.

I can refuel the Hornet no problem, but I just can't manage it in the Viper. The tanker usually ends up going down in a ball of flames after I get frustrated and fire a sidewinder at it.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I find the drogue easier.

I can refuel the Hornet no problem, but I just can't manage it in the Viper. The tanker usually ends up going down in a ball of flames after I get frustrated and fire a sidewinder at it.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

What difficulties are you encountering?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

What difficulties are you encountering?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

I bet on

... (?)

Most ppl are also doing the mistake of focusing on airspeed while they should completely forget about the HUD info ...

@ Ivo: My personal advice would be: once you are joined-up with tanker in observation area, forget about the FPM, airspeed ... etc ... simply turn off the HUD and focus on Tanker only. Tanker becomes your only reference.

This is the only way to fly a correct close formation. Once you are more comfortable in formation flight ... it will becomes easy. Much more than on F-18 because most of the work is done by the boomer. ;)

But it requires practice. There is no magic formula. Bur remember: the biggest mistake it to try to fly an airspeed/altitude while your only reference has to be the Tanker itself, not your own FPM.

Greetings.

I bet on
... (?)

Most ppl are also doing the mistake of focusing on airspeed while they should completely forget about the HUD info ...

@ Ivo: My personal advice would be: once you are joined-up with tanker in observation area, forget about the FPM, airspeed ... etc ... simply turn off the HUD and focus on Tanker only. Tanker becomes your only reference.

This is the only way to fly a correct close formation. Once you are more comfortable in formation flight ... it will becomes easy. Much more than on F-18 because most of the work is done by the boomer. ;)

But it requires practice. There is no magic formula. Bur remember: the biggest mistake it to try to fly an airspeed/altitude while your only reference has to be the Tanker itself, not your own FPM.

Greetings.

These are great tips!

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

I'm good with flying in formation its when I get near the drogue or under the tanker that I start to porpose up and down badly... I think I'm mostly fighting the spring in my stick....

In that case, try to do it "in continuous" ... Stabilize at a fair distance, then, once ready, build up a closure rate and keep it until contact. It may (depends on you) reduce your tendencies of PIO. (or not ;) ) ... and its is a bit easier to visualize the trajectory ... at least, it worth a try.

This how AAR are preformed on C-160 Transall.

EDIT:

... mmm ... I think I've missed the fact that you are not maybe speaking bout basket AAR (?) ...

Edited by Dee-Jay

• 1 month later...

Technically its very easy, you are right.

But hard to master. Needs training.

My main fault is that i begin to overcorrecting. Too much Pitch, steereing against the pitch but again too much and then you start to swing even more. In that case Throttle back, behind the Tanker, stabilize and again.... Takes practice.

If anybody can ride a bike or drive a car they can refuel in DCS, but like those two other activities it just requires practice. I have successfully tanked with the crappiest cheapest joystick ( Saitek Cyborg X) just to prove that it is possible without the gear I have in my VR sim cockpit. It’s not about “talent” it’s about perseverance and overcoming failure. I spent many many many hours learning to tank and I failed a lot, but it’s not meant to be easy. And the fine control and formation skills I learned along the way have helped in all other aspects of my flying, both simulated and IRL.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I bought the Gulf map tonight

1st Mi-8 school Bus flight and landing (see pic)

Why is this so much easier than AA refueling in a Viper? :cry_2::cry_2::cry_2:

Also tried, again, crashed

(hope, like I VOR and crash the Mi-8 over and over again at first, one day I'll AAR the Viper smoothly)

1232018973_Mi8PG.thumb.jpg.0301ebd2940f2efac590cb2e12cadf77.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, developers make please an option for easy in air refueling like in the old Falcon4.

bye

The Viper is way easier than when I flew FC3's F-15C and like the others said, with the Refueling door open, the FCS is tame and easy as heck...

You may want to look at your Curves and Deadzones and make sure you're not "White Knuckling" the stick and should notice improvement with practice.

Anything easier would be like placing your aircraft with unlimited fuel or adding 3 bags which is not my style, I like my Vipers with 2 bags only.:joystick:

Watch RedKite's video on the Viper AAR.

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]