Easy refueling

ivo

Hi, developers make please an option for easy in air refueling like in the old Falcon4.

bye

Again, this ain't Falcon 4.0...practice practice practice!:pilotfly:

It's very, very simple: it's a simulator, not a game. It's main purpose is not entertaining people but SIMULATING something which is there in real life and a lot of people couldn't enjoy due to circumstances/can't enjoy anymore because retired or similar. When it does entertain you like a normal "game" would it doesn't automatically make it a game, it's still a simulator. That you have to explain this to some is sad in itself.

Even if it would be a "game", then implementing softcheats are still the most bulletproof way to destroy a product which has made its name by being NOT like the others, by not being like a "game".

What he said!

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
It's already easier than drogue. If anything, ED needs to rework AAR refueling as a whole, some items off the top of my head:

*Tanker stating speed at which it flies

*Tanker calling turns before executing them

*Possibility to control tanker flight path from f10 map (so you can keep it safe and move it closer to the Frontline as needed)

*Boom effect on refueled aircraft (ie moving it around

*Option for infinite tanker fuel (so it doesn't rtb after a few refuels)

*Create new "hybrid" class of tanker so that KC-135mprs can refuel planes with both drogue and boom

Regards

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

+1 This!

Also, a Disconnect call, and the PDI lights need to be a bit brighter. BTW, the PDI's are part of the boom, not some magical Fresnel lens that always works with every airplane.

Cobb

• 2 months later...

I too like detailed immersion, but at the same time not everyone has or can afford the same controller hardware. This can contribute to the very problem by not giving smooth or precise enough control. Practice is not the only thing to consider. An "easy" function as an option, let me put emphasis on that, OPTION, that can be enabled for those that need it for whatever reason but can be turned off as with others that are present. More of a midpoint between full detailed reality and the unlimited fuel extreme other end.

Hi developers, please don't!

DCS is a proper simulator, there are enough arcade

games out there, stick to those....

I have to disagree. DCS is a full fidelity cockpit simulator game. DCS World is game meant to entertain, not meant to train, test or validate - and because of the lack of content, a very expensive sandbox game in that; and every aspect of it, except for the cockpit simulation, are very simplified: weather and atmospheric modeling, emissions physics (radar, ir, radio, jammer...), damage modeling & weapon effects (hitpoints *sic), atc and ground operation, AI, aerodynamics, mechanical components and material physics... all of which are of utmost importance in an actual combat simulation, but that are very low priority here, at least for the past 10 years.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

How are you exactly doing this AAR stuff? Because there is no radio call for up, down Forward and so on.. it is nearly impossible to get on this fu...ing boom. The guy seems to do Nothing and in normal view it is impossible for me to see those lights. I have to zoom in very very close (the upper part of the HUD fills the complete screen then) before I see them really good. But with this zoomlevel it is impossible to fly exact anymore :(

Or is there a option to get in contact with the boom Operator I just did not find yet?

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06