DCS: JF-17 Known Issue List

uboats

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RWR could not have tracking/lock/msl warning in MP (will try to fix it ASAP)

Does it still work if attacked by AI in multiplayer?

Or is RWR not working at all?

The MAWS system still work in multiplayer?

Thanks for an open and honest list of known issues. Looking forward to the release :)

I hope they fix this soon. I feel like most fun in this sim is online... so when you have features that make mp more fun, it makes it more fun for everyone.

Awesome! I see cockpit textures talking about few things, but not overall gray areas. I mean the grey panels look ok, I feel like slight weathering and maybe something else won't make it look so flat. Something just feels "missing"

Great work though. I'll be purchasing today! I wnt to give the new comers a chance! I feel like they did amazing work for a first timer! Imagine lessons learned from this and make a second aircraft!?

So, any reason for not being able to map gear up and gear down to my HOTAS?

at the beginning, we focused on all real operations,

LG operation doesn't belong to hotas

as we stated, we will add more bindings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

That's cool. So, when I cold started the airplane and after inputing all the coords and INS to NAV, I don't get any information on the HUD, just semi-circules, a circule and a line coming from it. Any reason why?

UFCP left to right 3# knob, it turn on HUD standby mode, should be off if HUD is OK.

If I cold start in a clean plane and equip the WMD7 through rearm, it will not align and gets stuck saying "Time Remaining: 0" when I turn it on. I also noticed that it is not in the stowed position.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256816

Already reported

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

I have been flying around on multiplayer and found out that whilst on NAV mode after taking off, the autopilot button on the UFC will not engage, only after selecting AA Master mode that it works, also, is there a reason why there is no option to map throttle idle detent? As it seems that there is no away to bring the throttle back to the cut off position.

so far after flying a few times, some of the things i have noticed is

1. seems the POD get stuck on the Time remaining 0 for me as well and this is with out rearming.

but what i found that corrected this was while it was sitting there doing nothing i just clicked the designate target button that i have bound and bam the pod came to life and i was able to blast away targets.

2. once i have a target locked and say i fly past it, instead of the cue on the HUD staying with the target and going off bore-site, it will actually jump to the next way point. then if i turn the plane just slightly it jumps back to the INS area mode of where it last was. During all of this you can watch the fall line for the bomb bouncing around the HUD.

3. when you do have a target locked the Time that i believe is suppose to be time to fly over or time to impact when you lock something, does not seem to be changing at all for me. it just sits at 3:45. even when i drop a bomb, i get nothing that tells me Time to Impact. i thought redkite had said this would show there.

Otherwise i have been loving the plane, i can see the mfd's so much better in VR then any other plane.

EDIT

oh i forgot one other thing i noticed. when i had something locked up with the TPOD and i used the elevation knob to zoom out a little it instantly unlocks the target and goes to area mode. i wouldnt think this is intended least i hope not. but zooming at all in or out will break the point lock. as well as if you click from narrow to wide also breaks the lock and kind of bounces the view.

Edited by Sirbum

So is the datalink going to work with AWACS at some point in the future? Just checking.

AFAIK the JF-17 datalink already works with the E-2, E-3 and A-50 AWACS (I've only tested the E-3).

However there is an issue with the free Chinese Asset Pack KJ-2000 AWACS as it requires ED to add datalink supported for it in the core game.

Edited by Ramsay
There is a KJ-2000 livery in the Chinese Asset pack

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I can confirm, datalink works with E-3 if you follow the procedure described in the manual.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

CM802AKG Desync in MP

I have studied as many posts und threads as possible but haven't found yet. I tried my best, so don't be to angry if i just have not found or overseen it:

I tried to show others the cool CM802 with Datalink and TV Camera in its front which i already tested in single player where it worked for me. While the cruise missile was flying over the ocean ( following its external view) the others in MP told me that it was circling around over land at a totally different location. There seem to be some sync problems maybe!?

I also detected some other possible issues, which i first have to invent further, because they might have been because of "plane abuse" :smilewink:

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to congratulate and thank the DIS team for putting out such a wonder of modern aviation into DCS, I watched your developement of the Thunder for over a year and finally, its here.

I have but one question so far and ... bear with me ... how do you selectively jettison?

I got into the SEL JETT page, marked up the stations 3 and 5 (I believe those to be the external tanks, correct me if I am wrong) and then ... no clue. No button lit up for jettison, I tried the weapon release (like Mirage), I tried looking on the internet, manual (DI and Chucks) and I watched several videos but could not come up with an answer of my own.

To be precise, this all happened in the training mission 1 (Cold Start), which I had spent some time in yesterday, and so far only yesterday, during my introduction to the jet.

I tried some freeflight and after noticing my externals are empty, headache started.

In advance, thanks to anyone who will find time to give me some guidance on this matter, and have a good day :)

DCS open beta / FC3 / MiG21 / F/A18C / M2000 / Huey / MIG19 / JF17 / F14 / Hind - Ryzen 5600X-32GB DDR4 3466- RTX 3070Ti 8GB - 1TB PCI4 m.2  / TM16M joy + throttle + pedals + freetrack+trackclip

Thank you for fast reply!

Thing is, I tried the weapon release, together with main gun fire buttons, ARM switch ON and OFF too, nothing happened.

I will definitely try it again today.

And I do not own the A10C neither F16 to transfer my experience over. (I am what you would call a "red guy").

DCS open beta / FC3 / MiG21 / F/A18C / M2000 / Huey / MIG19 / JF17 / F14 / Hind - Ryzen 5600X-32GB DDR4 3466- RTX 3070Ti 8GB - 1TB PCI4 m.2  / TM16M joy + throttle + pedals + freetrack+trackclip

Last I heard C802AK detonation delay works, but it's mostly in your head. If you believe...

:smartass:

Great job on the module, and an even better job listing the known issues. Setting expectations seems to be a lost art, and it's refreshing to see you hold up what you know and simply say "working on it"

If you do everything the way you've done this I would expect you to be successful for a long time.

(but I still can't shake the thought that a Pakistani F-5 was left in the hanger a little too long with an F-16 and the JF-17 rolled out with a smirk on it's face...)

So when I change my loadout after landing, the data cartridge does not load new information. After inserting the cartridge, the ALL button or any other button in DTC TRANSFER ... page respond.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

So when I change my loadout after landing, the data cartridge does not load new information. After inserting the cartridge, the ALL button or any other button in DTC TRANSFER ... page respond.

Try to command to change data cartridge to ground crew... then insert it and load

Essentially what HmtSabotage said. Unless what's on the DTC differs from what's currently loaded into the system, the DTC screen will not let you interact with it in any way. I don't know if this is correct or not — if the real system is “smart” enough to notice that there's actually nothing new to load, or if it's just a limitation in how the functionality is coded.

Either way, to get the page to work, you need to have updated the DTC data by contacting the ground crew through the comms menu.

Note, however, that simply rearming the same set up does not count as being “different” in this logic. If you simply land to pick up more of the same bombs and missiles, the page will still not let you reload any data. instead, you have to go into the SMS page and alter the amount of stores available on each pylon manually (SMS > LOAD > Select a pylon > R5 button).

This is also how you get infinite weapons setting to work if you're just flying around training: go into the SMS page and set all pylons to contain 99 of whatever store is loaded on them. If/when you “run out” (or more accurately, run down the number to 0), you just go back in and reset that count to 99 again. Otherwise, even with infinite weapons turned on in the options, the SMS will count down the number of munitions available and it has counted down to 0, that pylon/weapon can no longer be selected.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I've found this happen to me a couple times. Also remember, (not sure if necessary or not) but call ground crew and have them update DTC card before placing the new one in.

Doing that I haven't had the page freeze, but that also could just be luck. As I'd say its a 20% chance of page freeze. So it may not work for you.

I have studied as many posts und threads as possible but haven't found yet. I tried my best, so don't be to angry if i just have not found or overseen it:

I tried to show others the cool CM802 with Datalink and TV Camera in its front which i already tested in single player where it worked for me. While the cruise missile was flying over the ocean ( following its external view) the others in MP told me that it was circling around over land at a totally different location. There seem to be some sync problems maybe!?

I also detected some other possible issues, which i first have to invent further, because they might have been because of "plane abuse" :smilewink:

I haven't read about it, but where to enter the data for PP or the other modes? Only one mode gives me ready... am i right that not all modes have been implemented yet? I also get the dta link very late. I don't know if i could influence when to get the TV signal from 802.

Another real issue i think is that the 802 just diappear if i dropped one and the another without changing any settings. I just pushed weapon release when the first had impact and i heard the release sound but there was no weapon over F6 visible ... it was away from rail so it just seemed to disappear.