DCS: JF-17 Known Issue List

uboats

It doesn't work 100% it does sort of improve performance sometimes.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn’t this thread on sticky until recently or am I just imagining things?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Did you do the second line as well?

Yes.

Still not seeing hornets or f14's that are killing me more often than not. Sometimes I Get a missile missile on some bearing with nothing behind it (the plane that shot it) once in a while I get "track" warning from what I Think are F14's in STT, but nothing shows on the RWR.

Sams are improved from what I recall pre-fix. I usually see those light me up, track, and fire. Though not 100%.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Datalink with E-3 doesn't seem to work in Multiplayer.

Nope not in MP. Fix coming.

Using channel 198?

199? Isn't supposed to be 199?

Yah can confirm. Some warnings falling through the cracks. Performance a bit better than before. Sometimes getting tracking and missile warnings while still on ramp XD. SPJ also showing missile id now.

Missile ID is also showing without the SPJ. I saw 120's and aim54's ID'ed without SPJ last night no problem one mission. (previous mission saw no launch warnings at all from the hawk site that killed me just poof).

199? Isn't supposed to be 199?

Don’t know where Rudel got the info

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=222736&d=1576017995

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257582

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Huh... Thats funny, though it might explain some things.

So using it online I've been using 199, and "sometimes/usually" I see other Jeffs on there on the Fighter to fighter DL and it all works fine, but sometimes there is some odd Jeff out on the RWR that isn't on the link, so I figured they weren't using it.

BUT I'm thinking they might be on 198 now, and 198 may be the awacs freq, though IIRC developers did mention it doesn't work with awacs online now.

I'll try to test that tonight :pilotfly:

Tested it last night on Bluflag, with 198 it was impossible to get NE- to change to NE+ or NES or change master/slave. 199 worked as advertised. Dunno if thats a general thing, or server specific.

Yeah, I've never seen 198 being mentioned or had it work for anything, whereas 199 has made linked targets (even from AWACS) show up… not reliably, sure, but they have shown up.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

199 is pre-stored with freq used by DL, you can also change the freq stored in other channels to that (via radio control panel, more details please check T-44C flight manual or Rudel's guide).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

199 is pre-stored with freq used by DL, you can also change the freq stored in other channels to that (via radio control panel, more details please check T-44C flight manual or Rudel's guide).

So… which one is it?

Rudel's guide says that 198 is used for some data links, but every other documentation ever has said 199 (and 199 is the only one that has seemingly made anything show up). So your suggestion doesn't resolve the contradicting information here.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Don’t know where Rudel got the info

Hi. I got it from this developer’s post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4010081&postcount=23

Sorry that I didn't test it before placing it on my document.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

It was on sticky section until like 2 weeks ago when they decided to sink it. Maybe it was by mistake or maybe the developers could explain if they will no longer use this thread and lock it.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

So… which one is it?

Rudel's guide says that 198 is used for some data links, but every other documentation ever has said 199 (and 199 is the only one that has seemingly made anything show up). So your suggestion doesn't resolve the contradicting information here.

199 is most certainly the datalink channel.

Ensure the radio at the left side is in TR or TR+G and that the green light is OFF (for "radio priority").

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...