[FIXING] Missing/unavailable binds

Tippis

Calling it a "bug" might be overstating the issue, but I feel these certainly qualifies as problems which would bear being addressed in future updates. Just on a quick run-through, everything seems to work but the following annoyances exist as far as binding functionality goes:

• Numerous functions can only be bound to keys, not to other input devices. Things like chute, eject, flaps up/down toggle, gun mode toggle, landing gear, waypoint selection AWACS bogey dope (but not home airbase for some reason), and mirrors.
    No control should ever be restricted to one type of input device - all of the above should be possible to bind to whatever device the user would like.
  • Many HOTAS binds don't work well with actual HOTASes. Most notably, the three-position T1 switch can't really be bound to a three-position HOTAS switch (eg the Warthog boat switch) since they don't detect on-release inputs. Similarly, there are latched switches and HOTAS buttons that could be server by having an “on, otherwise off” functionality (air brakes, flaps, chute). Ideally, some kind of switch abstraction option should be available alongside the current mapping, such as having "T1 backwards, else center" and "T1 forwards, else center" binds similar to what you can find in the Viggen or Mirage.
  • The T6 radar elevation dial only exists as an analogue axis. This will make it next to impossible to fit into many setups - ideally, there should be elevation up/down binds that can be set to any key or device button. Same goes for left/right wheel brakes.
  • The UFCP obviously needs to be bindable as well since it will see quite heavy use - that's what it's there for, after all.

Looking good so far, but since a through run-through of binds is among the first things I do in a new aircraft, all of the above stood out as things that will need some attention at a future date. :)

Edited by Tippis
Added a few more cases that have been discovered.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

no problem

this has already been stated in known issue list

we will add them later (soon, and hope next update)

since we focused on real operation (hotas, click etc) at the beginning

later we realized that it could be unfriendly for home pit players

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Yeah, the radar elevation on axis is a deal breaker for me. JF 17 is grounded until further notice. I hope you get it sorted soon so I can have fun with it.

There is probably more than what I saw while trying to setup keybinds.

Com 1, Com 2 is not bindable to hotas?

Gear lever (not a big deal to start with)

Canopy (same)

Congratulations on your release.

• 5 months later...