Option: Golden yellow canopy tint

hflag

What's your DCS folder in Saved Games called?

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

• 3 weeks later...

Guys , Im tired of - for my taste - a bit too yellowish f16 canopy .. is tjerea way to remove it without having to use the mod ?

Are there any vanilla dcs files with non yellowish texture which I could point my lua file to ?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Guys , Im tired of - for my taste - a bit too yellowish f16 canopy .. is tjerea way to remove it without having to use the mod ?

Are there any vanilla dcs files with non yellowish texture which I could point my lua file to ?

The F-16C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip file, located in \Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Textures\ has both the old (non-gold) and gold tinted files. The old ones are named f16c_glass_canopy_X.dds and the gold ones are named f16c_glass_canopy_gold_X.dds , where X = diff, refl, refl_RoughMe.

Maybe you can find a way to point to the old ones instead of the new ones.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 1 month later...
True words!

Hi Guys!

This is true words, I do try to make it look real a like as per my post at Viper Wish section I have made some changes to canopy exterior colour to look like hornets one but wish we had option to get different sets of canopy colours as in real F-16's variants :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263930

Thanks

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Issue solved by ED :thumbup:

Wags, from Viper mini-updates:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4229005&postcount=38

It's a small thing, but something many of you have asked for: we have added an option in the Options / Special Tab of the F-16C to select between the gold tint and transparent canopy. Based on talks with SMEs, around 2007 the USAF/ANG started using the transparent canopies and phasing out the gold tint. Both have the same RCS reduction properties. We hope you enjoy the option to have both!

I like the info about RCS.