[CHK] Low FPS using A2G RADAR

Schmidtfire

Hi,

Interesting enough, I get very low fps with AG radar enabled in Caucasus, but it doesn't impact fps on PG.

I am getting the bug in all maps; however, as stated above, with Radar in standby/silenced, the FPS stays great. If I go A/G with the radar on and try to use WMD7 FPS is low and choppy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am getting the bug in all maps; however, as stated above, with Radar in standby/silenced, the FPS stays great. If I go A/G with the radar on and try to use WMD7 FPS is low and choppy.

+1

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Massive freezes when using a2g radar, not too bad over sea, but when overland, pauses for upto a mintue. FPS about 2. Unplayable. Go to remember to put radar into silent before changing to A2G mode due to lock up and then being able to do nothing.

eventually causes DCS to crash

any updates on this? Its been the same for the last 2 patches with no updates noted

Massive freezes when using a2g radar, not too bad over sea, but when overland, pauses for upto a mintue. FPS about 2. Unplayable. Go to remember to put radar into silent before changing to A2G mode due to lock up and then being able to do nothing.

eventually causes DCS to crash

any updates on this? Its been the same for the last 2 patches with no updates noted

I have that same issue A/G over land or cost just killing my game

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

• 2 weeks later...

same problem and its the same as my two other friends

as soon as you use map mode radar in multiplayer the games fps dies

the problem in single-player was a long time ago and i don't think happens anymore. at least it hasn't been a problem for me for a long time

the problem itself isn't just the mapping radar, i believe it has to do with datalink, the datalink is being flooded with these contacts and is trying to send those to every other player on a datalink

although i have to stress its for multiplayer only. although the mapping radar is still partially to blame but it only is for multiplayer

single player you can have pic attached levels of ground contacts and flood your radar with no-minimal fps loss. the pic has about 130+ ground units in scope

DCS_Tkbe1e2B4O.thumb.png.e035be464b647da89989c296bed5c110.png

Edited by hi41000

same problem and its the same as my two other friends

as soon as you use map mode radar in multiplayer the games fps dies

the problem in single-player was a long time ago and i don't think happens anymore. at least it hasn't been a problem for me for a long time

the problem itself isn't just the mapping radar, i believe it has to do with datalink, the datalink is being flooded with these contacts and is trying to send those to every other player on a datalink

although i have to stress its for multiplayer only. although the mapping radar is still partially to blame but it only is for multiplayer

single player you can have pic attached levels of ground contacts and flood your radar with no-minimal fps loss. the pic has about 130+ ground units in scope

+1

The main issue is definitely DL and AG radar being active at the same time in MP only. In SP, AG radar and DL do not drop the framerate to single digits on my system (4790K, 16GB RAM + 32GB Pagefile on SSD, GTX 1070,), but they do in MP.

I have to silence the radar, or turn off DL if I am going to use it.

I am certain it has something to do with the ground target detection in MAP mode (the little gray boxes.), but frame drops also occur when detecting in GMTI or SEA1/2 modes, and HSD is spammed with AG contacts.

In MP in PGAW just now as soon as i turned ground radar on the game froze instantly. And its not the first time.

There is something there for sure guys please look at it this is module breaking.

Not sure if you can release some short of a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens to me too almost every time, MP, GAW.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I see low FPS carrying C-802AKG and TGP, whether their picture is displayed or not.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...

I am also experiencing massive freezing when turning on the A2G radar, d/l on or not. Just got the JF-17 a couple days ago and I am on the latest Nvidia driver. Would really like to know how to fix this, as I can't even use the A2G radar it's so bad. Thanks.

I will make a dedicated thread to this once I have better numbers, but honestly the JF-17 performs worse than any other module in DCS!

in VR, yesterday: F-18 free flight held 40 fps steady

JF-17, same settings, struggled to get 27!!

i7 4790, GTX 1080, 32gb of ram, 0.8 pixel density and 128% SteamVR SS. No MSAA, medium-high settings (kept shadows on)

I will make a dedicated thread to this once I have better numbers, but honestly the JF-17 performs worse than any other module in DCS!

i7 4790, GTX 1080, 32gb of ram, 0.8 pixel density and 128% SteamVR SS. No MSAA, medium-high settings (kept shadows on)

For me its smooth since the last patch and have the same specs as you and i even use 16 AA shadows flat and 1.6PD

I get 40fps in sp and 30-40 in MP with 30 in heavy servers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to know that the JF-17 is one of the most demanding also... But Deka is working on it, give it some time and it will be fixed.

P.S: That doesn't happens to me.

It shouldn't be though, that's with AG radar off too, with AG radar on there's spikes everywhere in frametime and it struggles to even make 27 fps :(

HB F14 performs about the same on par with the JF