Thoughts on the SD-10?

OziRekt

Now we all have had some time, what is everyone's thoughts on the SD-10 post-launch? Has there been a nerf? How does it compare to the AIM-120C?

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

The missile has airbrakes now. It is funny how after the first burn stage, it just loses energy really fast and plops down like cartoon. I guess the pressure from the mob really scared Deka.

Even after fix, I am certain that they will make it less capable than the current AIM-120 which even ED say need improvement. So much for simulation.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

The missile has airbrakes now. It is funny how after the first burn stage, it just loses energy really fast and plops down like cartoon. I guess the pressure from the mob really scared Deka.

Even after fix, I am certain that they will make it less capable than the current AIM-120 which even ED say need improvement. So much for simulation.

People have tested the release version versus what was included in the previous OB, it performs the same.

no changes. what does public think has nothing to do with how they should and are making the SD10. period.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

The mods messed up on that first useless SD10 thread. They should have stepped in way earlier. Now ppl are confused and suspicious for no good reason. Bluebois are pissed cuz they don't want to ever play as an underdog. Redbois are pissed cuz they wanted to slap bluebois with a new fancy module for once.

People have tested the release version versus what was included in the previous OB, it performs the same.

Can confirm down low at 5000 feet mach .83 it was matching previous numbers. Have not tested any other ranges though. But everything looks similar at first glance.

Nothing has changed, according to my tests it performs pretty much identical to what we have seen before release.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

It gets trashed pretty easily. They said its between a 77 and a 120 but its worse than a 77 tracking wise. Energy wise yeah its good.

Its CCM in the lua got buffed , this includes the PL-12. It was:

PL-12: 0.15

SD-10 : 0.17

now its

PL-12: 0.115

SD-10 : 0.14

However its got some of the new guidance and does some nice fancy stuff , pulling 30 Gs off the rail to get on target if you fire near gimbal and such.

The mods messed up on that first useless SD10 thread. They should have stepped in way earlier. Now ppl are confused and suspicious for no good reason. Bluebois are pissed cuz they don't want to ever play as an underdog. Redbois are pissed cuz they wanted to slap bluebois with a new fancy module for once.

This... 100% this... so much... while I'm just sitting over here wishing ED would ACTUALLY look at the data presented to them about drag and all the missiles since the "missile mod" team did a crap load of research 3-4 years ago. They completely ignored all of it... I just want reasonably accurate modeling of the missile external balistics. I'm really hoping the new missile API improves the logic behind both the physics and guidance for the 120 and R-27's as well as the rest.