[Collections] What you want to be able to bind in keyboard/device

uboats

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most if not all should be able to be mapped to external devices. A lot of people have button/switch boxes that mimic the cockpit switches and they are easier to get to rather than manipulating a mouse. Take it a step further and some have full cockpits made up and have enough switches/buttons to map everything. It is just a good idea to give people the option. The most popular modules have the ability to map just about everything.

The UFC is completely missing.

The Combat Master Modes implemented for the boat switch on the Warthog throttle, Forward/else Middle, Aft/else Middle and the same basically for all 3-Way switches...

In general we need at least a Keybind and if possible Buttons on USB devices for everything you can control with the mouse?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hey guys,

beside all already named functions to bind to our expensive Hotas sets ;-) I ran into another problem in this category: I use Grizlies Warthog profile for the Warthog in T.A.R.G.E.T. This allows me to use the warthog bindings in all states (forward, back and center). This works in all planes except the JF17. I cannot bind any controls to my virtual device (which is in fact my throttle running through target) They are simply all blacked out.

Could you please open al bindings and axis for the virtual device?

-- Custom Commands
{down = click_cmds.PNT_509, up = click_cmds.PNT_509, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm On/Off Toggle'), cockpit_device_id = devices.WCS, category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = click_cmds.PNT_513, up = click_cmds.PNT_513, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Flaps Up/Neutral Toggle'), cockpit_device_id = devices.FCS, category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = click_cmds.PNT_513, up = click_cmds.PNT_513, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Flaps Down/Neutral Toggle'), cockpit_device_id = devices.FCS, category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = click_cmds.PNT_947, up = click_cmds.PNT_947, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Lights Norm/Off Toggle'), cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = click_cmds.PNT_947, up = click_cmds.PNT_947, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Lights NVG/Off Toggle'), cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = key_cmds.GearUp, up = key_cmds.GearDown, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Gear Up/Down Toggle'), cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR, category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = key_cmds.HOTAS_Throttle_T1_Forward, up = key_cmds.HOTAS_Throttle_T1_Center, name = _('T1 Forward/Center Toggle'), category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = key_cmds.HOTAS_Throttle_T1_Backward, up = key_cmds.HOTAS_Throttle_T1_Center, name = _('T1 Backward/Center Toggle'), category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = key_cmds.AirBrakeOn, up = key_cmds.AirBrakeOff, name = _('Airbrake Toggle'), category = _('Custom Commands')},
{down = key_cmds.Chute, cockpit_device_id = devices.FCS, name = _('Dragging Chute Deploy/Release'), category = _('Custom Commands')},

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I think EVERYTHING should be bindable. This is the standard of all the good ED planes. For instance, on the Hornet, you can bind everything. Everything that can be controlled in the aircraft by the mouse should also be assignable to either a keyboard combo or joystick button. This is what you can do on most other airplanes in DCS World, and the JF-17 should be no exception. Some of us have home cockpits, and really don't want to be mousing over things.

Like everyone else, first thing I do when I get a new plane is start binding things. This aircraft is all about MFD's, and being able to bind them to keys is greyed out??? Really hope this changes, and very soon.

Edited by Ornithopter

I strongly support the notion that everything should be bindable, I do not know why are we having the discussion at all. Not just for simpit builders, maybe even more so for us that have a generic HOTAS and maybe a touchscreen/tablet/stream deck/keypad on our desks.

I read somewhere something along the lines of "why would you bind landing gear to HOTAS?".

It actually makes a lot of sense, in my example X52 Pro has nice set of 3 toggle switches on the stick base that I use for every aircraft for flaps and gear. Remember, 99.999% of us do not have JF-17 cockpit replica at home :)

x52pro-hero-desktop1.png.imgw.1318.1318.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

Agreed with having everything bindable. For us VR players, the keyboard is impossible to use as you're effectively blind to all of your physical peripherals. Mouse is usable, but mice are predominantly right-hand only. When your right hand is on the stick making constant corrections, you simply cannot use the mouse. Furthermore, to use the mouse you would have to go heads down in the cockpit to click on something that, in a physical cockpit, could be done without looking. This is vital for formation work.

Everything should be bindable to everything. No execeptions.

1)

Limiting the possibility to bind something only to the keyboard in order to prevent someone to bind it to the joystick does not work and is a very flawed idea. This basicly just forces someone who wants to do that to create a custon profile for the joystick that emulates a keyboard button press, or combination.

2)

People like to build custom cockpits or use MFD screens, or build custom MFDs (since the ones in the JF-17 are bigger). Button boxes, MFDs, homecockpits are often detected as gamecontrollers in windows and show up as joysticks basicly. For example the cheapest way to get a working landing gear switch would be to buy a 10€/$/we joystick emulator from amazon and wire a toggle switch to it. This device will now show up as joystick via windows in DCS. People like to build UFCs or use existing UFC controllers that also show up as joysticks.

So TL;DR: Everything that has a function should be allowed to be bound to everything. This is a huge quality of life thing.

[keyboard]

1. Radio Control Handover - Press

2. Radio Control Handover - On/Off

3. Radio Control Handover - On

4. Radio Control Handover - Off

[device]

1. Radio Control Handover - Press

2. Radio Control Handover - On/Off

3. Radio Control Handover - On

4. Radio Control Handover - Off

5. Radio Control Handover - On, else Off

6. Radio Control Handover - Off, else On

~Bailey

antenna elevation switch up down.

no axis left for these function.

^ This. Would be great if able to use the same as antenna elevation for the radar and TDC.

Also Gear can't map Gear (G) with the Warthog HOTAS.

Edit:

I forgot about Master Arm obviously.

Edited by ikonane

Device:

All threeway switches, so if it's not forward, it's neutral, and the same for backwards or neutral. That way it returns to it's middle position when released.

And the rest of the missing bindings. Just the function of the button, so that it will work in a home cockpit :)

Great job so far, looking forward to building a simpit for the aircraft!

This please!

3 position bindable switches. E.g:

Boat switch on warthog throttle:

- If forward ICPT mode, else NAV

- If back A2G, else NAV

EAC and RDR ALTM switches:

- If on A/G1, else A/G2

- If on A/A, else A/G

Etc.

The Hornet, Viper, Tomcat, Warthog and Mirage have 3 position expressions bindable, precisely for input devices such as this and for sim pit builders. Would help a bunch.

• ED Team

short version:

[keyboard]

everything

[device]

everything

long version:

EVERYTHING needs to be bindable to everything, that's the standard in all ED modules. This thread shouldn't even exist, all of it should just be made bindable, period. If there's something you should be asking about is what non-standard switch abstractions are needed - like what the guy above was asking about - not what we want to be bindable. You can automate the process, there's no need to pick and choose here. It's not because of pit builders, even a cheap switch panel would be near useless with how little can be bound right now. And what exactly needs to be hot-keyed will change from player to player, for instance I typically bind UFC/ICP (if present) and all functions that I need fast access to during combat or takeoff and landing. Others might need all MFD OSBs to be bindable, because they have physical MFD frames, or even full exported MFDs - this is, thankfully, possible right now, although all MFCD buttons should be bindable to keyboard as well - I don't have those but I might have to hotkey frequently used buttons, which I can't do right now.

As for priorties: For the love of god, please, let us bind the UFCP and COMM keyboards. IMO any in-cockpit numeric keyboard should be bound to the numpad (+modifiers in case someone uses numpad to look around or if there's more than one present - like in this case) by default - that's the case with A-10C for instance, the UFC is bound to numpad with a modifier key. Those keyboards are there for fast entry of numeric data and if they can't be bound to a physical keyboard it's debilitating - it negates the very purpose of their existence.

Also, not necessarily a priority but it's just a basic thing that should be there: idle/stop detent bindings for users with idle detent on their HOTAS. The Warthog throttle for instance needs those to be bindable as buttons.

Edited by m4ti140

I don‘t know if this has been already said but I would like a device bind to change my counter measure program if this is possible.

Modules:

M-2000C, Mig-21bis, JF-17, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14A&B, A-10C, AV-8B, Spitfire LF Mk. IX

Devices:

Virpil TM50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base, TM Warthog Throttle, Saitek PRO Flight Rudder

Biggest thing would be switch abstractions for 3 position switches.

Device:

1. Landing Gear Toggle

2. Drag Chute Deploy

Device and Keyboard:

1. Afterburn toggle

2. Exterior Lighting Controls

3. Drag Chute Release

4. FCS Config toggles: A/A & A/G and A/G1 & A/G2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC