[Collections] What you want to be able to bind in keyboard/device

uboats

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Chute key is awesome. Just press the same button and it cycles the three states!

Doesn't seem to want to cycle for me. Hitting "P" just moves the switch to "deploy" and stays there, no matter how many times I hit "P" again.

In any case, that's useless to me, since I want to use a three-way switch to control it. This means I need a state function, ideally two entries; one for "Deploy, else off" and another for "Jettison, else off".

Edited by Xeno426

Doesn't seem to want to cycle for me. Hitting "P" just moves the switch to "deploy" and stays there, no matter how many times I hit "P" again.

In any case, that's useless to me, since I want to use a three-way switch to control it. This means I need a state function, ideally two entries; one for "Deploy, else off" and another for "Jettison, else off".

It goes Deploy->Cut->Neutral for me

+1 Works fine for me too. Deploy->Cut->Neutral and then it stays in neutral until the drag chute is rearmed.

This doesn't help you with your three-way switch control wish ofcourse, but it works "P" key and my HOTAS binding for it.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

In light of other discussions, I'd like to see:

* P key cycle OFF->DEPLOY->OFF->CUT->OFF...

A way to bind the switch to a 3-way switch on HOTAS.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

What's with the OFFs?

Well it is a 3 position switch, and OFF is the center detent. In reality it would need to move through that position, but the sim jumps straight from DEPLOY to CUT, and no way to cycle through OFF.

OFF is also required to prevent depletion of The Precious.

Also, there is a weird locking behavioor, too, where the switch would get locked at CUT, but it seems the last update fixed that.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 3 weeks later...

Can we get a toggle for the exterior lights master or a switch up & down in addition to the momentary binds we already have?

Also the same for the landing and taxi lights. Currently you need 3 buttons for full functionality but making it switch up & down or position toggle would make it better for 2-way rockers.

• 3 weeks later...

I searched this thread but did not find it, would like to have a speed brake toggle. press -> open, press again -> close. probably just device button is fine but perhaps one should be able to bind keyboard as well. i know this is not how it works in RL, but would still like this.

EDIT: Actually I think T3 Down, Speed Brake, assigned to B key by default, will do it. Other aircraft have it labeled with a TOGGLE or CYCLE, so maybe add that to the command description?

EDIT 2: How about a canopy open/close command?

Edited by hlfritz

• 4 weeks later...
Can we get a toggle for the exterior lights master or a switch up & down in addition to the momentary binds we already have?

Also the same for the landing and taxi lights. Currently you need 3 buttons for full functionality but making it switch up & down or position toggle would make it better for 2-way rockers.

Bumping this back to the top since we have a new patch coming soon.

Also hoping that the same be done for the AAR switch so that it is not a momentary switch.

You know S2 up and down does the same thing Chiron?

i know i am using key for that but it would be useful to use one of my Axis in my X56 Throttle ( i am not talking about Wide / Narrow key ) i am talking about FOV for T-Pod ( Digital Zoom )

• 2 weeks later...

Great that new bindings for axes were added, I am happy to see progress in this area. In future, could you please consider adding bindings (not for special devices, normal) for the HUD decluter switch and for the master external lights switch? Thank you.

Great that new bindings for axes were added

Agreed, the new axes are very nice to have. Still would like a keybind for the Master Caution button, and a few keybinds for the three positions of the braking chute (ideally, a setup for 3-way switches like what Heatblur does with theirs).

how do you map the "MASTER CAUTION RESET" button, please ????? i just can't find it no where, is it even implemented ? if not, please DO THAT ASAP, i just can't stand hearing that "warning" noise anymore, it is very much annoying especially in VR as you have to use the mouse cursor to reach that stupid button, thanks for understanding.

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

Opposite of keybinds;

Can we get clickable mirrors please? Not easy to reach for the keyboard key in VR

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL