Laser guided bombs

kalas1988

The pave penny is a very basic LSS. It is not a designator, just a search and spot unit. It will give you a HUD diamond mark on anything lased with a certain code (1113 I think it was).

But it was very few uses in DCS outside hardcore multiplayer missions.

Any plane that can release Mk82 bombs can release GBU 12 bombs. They use the same system and pylon. The only difference is that some planes (like the A10C) can self designate its own targets, and others (Like the F5E or the A10A) can drop the bomb but they need other plane or ground unit to lase from them (and give them a mark to where the enemy is)

Anyway I don't think the A10A can load GBU 12 in FC3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The pave penny is a very basic LSS. It is not a designator, just a search and spot unit. It will give you a HUD diamond mark on anything lased with a certain code (1113 I think it was).

But it was very few uses in DCS outside hardcore multiplayer missions.

Any plane that can release Mk82 bombs can release GBU 12 bombs. They use the same system and pylon. The only difference is that some planes (like the A10C) can self designate its own targets, and others (Like the F5E or the A10A) can drop the bomb but they need other plane or ground unit to lase from them (and give them a mark to where the enemy is)

Anyway I don't think the A10A can load GBU 12 in FC3.

Sadly I do not own A10A , but In the mission editor, I could not load GBU to A10A.... so I think no lasing for the A10A :(

Regards

Asrock Z270 pro4, i7 6700, gtx 1070

Sadly I do not own A10A , but In the mission editor, I could not load GBU to A10A.... so I think no lasing for the A10A :(

Regards

Yes, you can't load GBU on A-10A.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria