[FIXED] Drag chute does not get replaced after rearming

Rabbisaur

19 hours ago, Lynnux said:

Finally had time to launch DCS again...

Remark: If the plane doesn't land on the runway, the replay will be broken. In my case only the 3rd replay I watched was ok. Once the chute doesn't deploy it won't deploy anymore thereafter in my case, so I stopped the mission after the first occurence.

NoChute.trk 259.6 kB · 2 downloads

I watched your track, the replay worked fine for me the first time and showed the problem.

- accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> takeoff/landing -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> NO chute

So i tried it again and i could see the problem too! But it took me a lot more tries to see the problem.

- it took me 11 chute activations/rearms including 3 takeoff/landings and i ripped my last chute off with the afterburner -> after that i couldn't employ the chute anymore

- i checked if ripping off the chute via AB was the problem but a quick test showed that isn't the case, ripping off -> rearm -> chute worked fine(new mission)

- i could watch my track with 4 x time acceleration, i hope this workes for whoever watches it too to save some time

So there must be something else which triggers the problem, something that caused the problem on the 5th try for Lynnux and that caused it on the 12th try for me.

I never rearmed a JF-17 that much before in the same mission, max 4 to 6 times i believe so that would be the reason why i never encountered that problem before.

@uboats Can you reproduce this with the tracks from Lynnux and mine?

NoChute2.trk

Edited by unknown
  • Like 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

To report back (since I got this going again!) I finally had time on our MP session last Wed to test.  Rearm seemed to work for me.  I landed and rearmed 3 times during the mission and each time I had a chute on the next landing.  I hope the sporadic issue can be nailed down.

• 6 months later...

I can give a contrary report: I noticed yesterday, flying on MP server, after I landed and rearmed, the next landing I had no chute. TO rearm I just execute the comm command "refuel and rearm" select the payload. Is that enough or should I do something else to get the chute replaced?

On 8/17/2021 at 3:45 AM, Tinchus2009 said:

I can give a contrary report: I noticed yesterday, flying on MP server, after I landed and rearmed, the next landing I had no chute. TO rearm I just execute the comm command "refuel and rearm" select the payload. Is that enough or should I do something else to get the chute replaced?

The chute is replaced exactly at the moment when the ground crew announces "refuel complete" or "rearm complete". Did you wait for the ground crew to inform you that they have completed the action?

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.