"Self-protection" Jammer not self-protecting

OziRekt

While the KGJ600 jamming pod does a great job ranging to enemy aircraft, in the testing I've done with both enemy fighters and SAMs, it doesn't seem to actually protect you. When I activate it and and it shows as JAM/JAMMING on the MFD, it never actually changes the lock on or shoot range of the enemy, and strangely it seems to be either jamming or disabling my own RWR, as I don't get tracking or launch indications from enemy aircraft - even Su-27s shooting R-27ERs. Does anyone know what's up?

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

While the KGJ600 jamming pod does a great job ranging to enemy aircraft, in the testing I've done with both enemy fighters and SAMs, it doesn't seem to actually protect you. When I activate it and and it shows as JAM/JAMMING on the MFD, it never actually changes the lock on or shoot range of the enemy, and strangely it seems to be either jamming or disabling my own RWR, as I don't get tracking or launch indications from enemy aircraft - even Su-27s shooting R-27ERs. Does anyone know what's up?

Interesting...I had a similar problem with the F-15 shooting an Aim-7 at me. No lock or launch warning. I wonder if it relates to a similar reason.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

If you guys are playing on MP, there's a known issue where you won't get any launch or lock warnings. However, I also notice that activating jammer doesn't do anything to the enemy's radar even thought they're pretty far away. That being said, the jammer pod needs to be activated in order to get range from RWR sources, as well as the type and range of incoming missiles(although the manual says that it's the RWR that's doing the range calculation).

Edited by Lymark

If you guys are playing on MP, there's a known issue where you won't get any launch or lock warnings. However, I also notice that activating jammer doesn't do anything to the enemy's radar even thought they're pretty far away. That being said, the jammer pod needs to be activated in order to get range from RWR sources, as well as the type and range of incoming missiles(although the manual says that it's the RWR that's doing the range calculation).

Hopefully this gets sorted out quickly, especially the MP portion.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).