[ACKNOWLEDGED] Cockpit lights and screens dim after last update?

Surrexen

It seems like the F-16's interior lights and screens are dim even when on full after the last update, almost like it's permanently stuck in night mode or something. Anyone else getting this?

Edit: 2pm in Persian Gulf - hot start on the ramp.

Edited by Surrexen

the screens are apparently a "request"... and not a bug. Especially for VR users who can't really even see them. As for the lights I haven't noticed a change / difference.

Every topic that gets created about dim screens gets moved even though in Wags' videos their bright as ****.

For the interior lights and particularly the instrument panel flood light, here's what I get since the last patch. I have to admit the light is a little more vsible in game. Although I pushed the brightness on this image, the difference is hard to see.

Can someone post a screenshot of a working instrument panel flood light with the last patch because my other post on the subject is tagged [cannot reproduce]

flood_light.thumb.jpg.40b3e50f8a69ad9217c8a34712253a00.jpg

Hi!

For the interior lights and particularly the instrument panel flood light, here's what I get since the last patch. I have to admit the light is a little more vsible in game. Although I pushed the brightness on this image, the difference is hard to see.

That is perfectly realistic. By day, floodlight or backlit are "not" visible.

Floodlight or backlit are made to allow the pilot to read its panels / instruments by night without polluting his night vision ... not to be bight like a Xmas tree ;)

That one of the best success of DCS-16 so far. IMHO, they should not make it brighter.

Regards.

I could not see instrument floodlight at all on night free flight mission with gamma setting at 1.5 as it always has been. Dramatically dimmer/useless.

I ramped gamma up to 1.9 which is too high imo as darker areas become greyed instead of black.

At this level i can just make out the flood.

In VR, the floodlights are very dim compared to before. If this is the correct way they work, then a heads-up would suffice either when marking this thread as "[NOT A BUG]" or in the patch notes.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I'm not talking about the floodlight, just the instrument lights and screens. They are dimmer when set to full than the last patch. The floodlights have their own issues separately.

Yes they are all dimmer in general and the curve when using the dial is very heavily top ended i.e. nothing until up full

I was testing the lights again and found that when set to an axis rotary the instrument panel lights are able to be turned up all the way. Afterwards I tested using the knobs with the mouse and they only turn up to about 80%. Seems like a bug to me.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Brilliant idea and good catch! It's better in VR with the full knob range but I still think the 100% floodlight setting should be brighter.

I agree with DEE-JAY when he says that the pit should not look like a Christmas tree and ruin our (virtual) night vision but the rehostat is there to fine tune the lighting in relation to ambiant lighting and the amount of time spent in the dark.

Can we get another look at this? Console, instrument panel and DED lights, unable to turn up to 100% by clicking and dragging the mouse.

To reproduce set any of these functions to a hotas rotary knob and turn up all the way. I'm using an X55. If you look at the knob in the cockpit you'll see its turned all the way up. (roughly 5 o'clock.)

Now, try and turn up any of these three knobs with your mouse and you'll notice that they only make it to the 3 o'clock position (roughly 80%) brightness.

Please fix this I don't want to use my rotary knobs for cockpit lighting. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Can we get another look at this? Console, instrument panel and DED lights, unable to turn up to 100% by clicking and dragging the mouse.

To reproduce set any of these functions to a hotas rotary knob and turn up all the way. I'm using an X55. If you look at the knob in the cockpit you'll see its turned all the way up. (roughly 5 o'clock.)

Now, try and turn up any of these three knobs with your mouse and you'll notice that they only make it to the 3 o'clock position (roughly 80%) brightness.

Please fix this I don't want to use my rotary knobs for cockpit lighting. :)

This. After seeing your comment, I tested it as well and you're right. With the mouse, they go up to a certain point and only by binding them to an axis (I used the Warthog throttle slider separately for each one) can you go to 100%. Definitely a bug. Console back-light, Instrument panel back-light, DED and Instrument panel floodlights.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

This. After seeing your comment, I tested it as well and you're right. With the mouse, they go up to a certain point and only by binding them to an axis (I used the Warthog throttle slider separately for each one) can you go to 100%. Definitely a bug. Console back-light, Instrument panel back-light, DED and Instrument panel floodlights.

I used the 2 warthog throttle axis, the throttle slider and the X and Y joystick axis to have all the knobs at the same time set to axis and indeed the knobs go all the way up to 100% but stop at 80% or so when the mouse is used. How can this still be tagged [NOT A BUG]?

Please compare the 100% (mouse) knob position in your Viper with the attached picture.

lightingandmouse.jpg.e52efa383d9a892a988a69fedbe63b6a.jpg

Very strange, hopefully it is just a quick fix for us mouse users. I would also prefer an option in settings to choose between VR optimizations in the pit or not as making it too dark for non VR users to operate is entirely unfair. We are all paying for these modules, VR or not.

• 3 weeks later...
I used the 2 warthog throttle axis, the throttle slider and the X and Y joystick axis to have all the knobs at the same time set to axis and indeed the knobs go all the way up to 100% but stop at 80% or so when the mouse is used. How can this still be tagged [NOT A BUG]?

Please compare the 100% (mouse) knob position in your Viper with the attached picture.

Is this being addressed soon? I mouse click the controls so seems it should be a very simple fix, kind of upsetting it hasn't been dealt with yet tbh :huh:

Is this being addressed soon? I mouse click the controls so seems it should be a very simple fix, kind of upsetting it hasn't been dealt with yet tbh :huh:
+1

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The entire cockpit looks a bit darker too me, which makes the MFD's very hard to read for me, thus barely spending time in the Viper

If it was a feature for VR users, why not simply add some sort of setting in the options menu?

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team

Hi all

We are not ignoring this subject.

The team is currently on their Xmas new years break.

We do have some changes coming for the lighting but it is a global change for a future patch. I have added a W.I.P Screenshot of what is coming.

I will mark the thread acknowledged for now.

Thanks

t1.thumb.png.20b54e25a36dc7872e513b8338ce6ba2.png

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2