Quest & Link Is Good Enough

Johnny Dioxin

Sorry if I am missing something obvious, but I have spent a couple of days without success getting DCS World to run on my Quest via Link. Everything does work, from the standpoint that I have managed to get Project Cars 2 to run in SteamVR in the SteamVR home after launching it from the Oculus Rift Home (ie Oculus Link), but Project Cars is the only thing I have managed to get to run. I have started DCS World without the VR active, and I now have it so that it auto-logs me in so those prompts are no longer interfering.

Whenever I launch DCS World, I get the splash screen in the SteamVR home showing that it is starting, but that is all I get. I guess my first question is when you are launching DCS, on the real desktop it shows 4 options - no vr, Oculus VR, SteamVR and SteamVR 2.5 - which of these is the one that you have managed to get working for Quest with Link? (I have tried all with no success).

Why are you using Steam VR with a Linked Quest?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

I've since tried to fly DCS World wireless with Virtual Desktop, but I can't get the sim to start in VR mode. I'm not convinced it would be ideal - especially for target spotting - as I find the wireless image just a smidgin more blurry than Link in other games, but wanted to try it anyway.

May be possible some time in the future, or with a hack of some kind, but I will try again.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 2 months later...