[REPORTED] Still no chaff flare message?

Shotsx74

Not sure, I reported it before, it was changed to fixed internally, but I don't know what that means. I am still not getting a chaff flare message when using one or the other or both. The message was cycled between on and off again and still nothing was audible.

I get the message just fine, I tried it from an air start. Try without cycling off/on, in case that's a bug.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I don't have a track either but had the same issue today in an hosted MP session.

I had to cycle the messages on program 1 from on to off to on again.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

I don't have a track either but had the same issue today in an hosted MP session.

I had to cycle the messages on program 1 from on to off to on again.

Yeah, same here. I don't think the audio is broken, I just think the initial state of the DED UI is out of sync with the actual state of the backend. (SAME is true for the cursor position on the chaff and flare BQ settings: when the page is first loaded, it appears that BQ is selected, but the cursor is really on the next item down)

We need more information, please. A short track showing the problem would be perfect. Or, at least, what start it was, cold or hot, and other conditions how to reproduce the fault behaviour.

Hello,

Latest open beta:

1: Instant action, ready on ramp there are no issues

2: following Wags in game startup tutorial there are issues

3: Starting from cold & dark there are issues (SP & MP)

I never worked with track files so I hope this is the one. It is Wags startup tutorial.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoOIEWwKfzmwjkRhexc-H4mQZukv?e=5AX31U

Short video after startup (should be 1080p soon):

Ready on the ramp: CMSD DED page works. All CMS have a bingo set to 10 and messages are on.

Cold and dark: CMSD DED page show a bingo of 20 chafs, but when leaving the entry point it erases to 0. Flares, O1 and O2 are default set to 0. Messages are set to on but they do not work. You have to cycle them off and on again (shown in the video). Now it works.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

• ED Team
Hello,

Latest open beta:

1: Instant action, ready on ramp there are no issues

2: following Wags in game startup tutorial there are issues

3: Starting from cold & dark there are issues (SP & MP)

I never worked with track files so I hope this is the one. It is Wags startup tutorial.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoOIEWwKfzmwjkRhexc-H4mQZukv?e=5AX31U

Short video after startup (should be 1080p soon):

Ready on the ramp: CMSD DED page works. All CMS have a bingo set to 10 and messages are on.

Cold and dark: CMSD DED page show a bingo of 20 chafs, but when leaving the entry point it erases to 0. Flares, O1 and O2 are default set to 0. Messages are set to on but they do not work. You have to cycle them off and on again (shown in the video). Now it works.

Thank you for the report.

From cold start it seems there is a bug and the audio warning will not play until the FDBK has been cycled from ON to OFF and back to ON

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2