Questions about Map Markers and Multiplayer

Calicrook

Hey guys I had some questions about putting down map markers in multiplayer and navigating to them. I use Voice attack and Viacom Pro as well so I notice the jester menu doesn't pop up for me.

So I know that if you place a map marker you can set it as a steerpoint 1-3 but how does it work on multiplayer with other f-14. I can't seem to get him to enter the right steerpoint because he is picking up someone else map marker.

Or am I just completely wrong here and I am doing something screwed up.

Thanks!

i7-6700k| 32GB ram| GTX 2080 founders edition| Oculus Rift 2

My WIP Youtube

In MP it will work exactly the same as in SP. It's just that not only your map markers will be displayed in the jester menu. The best way to be sure you're selecting the right waypoint, is to name it something, and look for that name in the jester menu when selecting the marker for a waypoint. I don't really know how to do it without the jester menu.

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

-you can set map markers for any steerpoint (fixed point, homebase, surface target, etc)

- name your map marker something like "WP1" or "ST" etc, this will show up in the Jester menu, so you know which one to select (same in SP and in MP)

- you cannot set waypoints from map markers without Jester.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Alright. You guys cleared some stuff up for me, Is anyone using Viacom Pro with Airio that can see the jester menu? Because I am unable to have the menu pop up when using voice attack

If VAICOM and AIRIO are up to date, and you followed the instructions to add the command, the phrase to use is “Map marker X to steer point X” or “Target” for Surface Target or “Initial” for IP (this one I’m not 100% on) or “Fixed point” for fixed point or “Defended point” for DP. There’s not an option for Hostile area that I’m aware of. Hoping that comes with the update to let us tell Jester to use NavGrid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

• 8 months later...

You can get the Menu up by calling Options, then you call Take 1, Take 5 for Nav for eg. Navgrid is usable with AIRIO, the kneeboard pages are in the Viacom Manual.

Personally I'd like to be able to call the Lat n Long to Rio ie as per Rio Radio Tune 127 decimal 5 etc