[REPORTED] Conflicting friendly/hostile datalink IFF Report for same target

WingC3

I had a similar problem where the Datalink completely stayed silent after taking the same slot plane fresh after an inflight collision.

Other F-16s that were still airborne did have DLINK contacts.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Dang. This really stinks that this huge bug was not fixed in the patch :( Sad day, as it's super hard to play MP in the viper.

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

Definitely would have been nice to see this fixed. I will see about uploading a track file. For me at least, this is an issue every flight.

IFF will report green for red or red for green, then switch around.

Datalink is the most noticeable and will do the same. Turning on datalink does not seem to make a difference. For that matter, turning off datalink does not seem to do anything either.

• ED Team
Sometimes i've even seen myself as hostile on datalink (always in MP), with the consecuence heart attack until i realize its myself (#likeadogscaredofhisshadow).

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

My wife sees me as hostile all the time, but in your case, I require a track if you can capture it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
Definitely would have been nice to see this fixed. I will see about uploading a track file. For me at least, this is an issue every flight.

IFF will report green for red or red for green, then switch around.

Datalink is the most noticeable and will do the same. Turning on datalink does not seem to make a difference. For that matter, turning off datalink does not seem to do anything either.

I sat in a couple of MP servers today and didn't see the issue, I think I might have seen it for a brief second one time, but it updated fairly quickly, so not sure it was the same.

If you can get me a new track I will check it out, and will keep trying to catch my own.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I've had a constant problem with this on Hoggit Georgia at War or Persian Gulf at war. Data link full of red contacts, and even if I IFF them and get a green Mode 4 return they stay red. I haven't tried since the last patch but ill try and get a short-ish track and see if I can show anything tomorrow.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Good day all! Yep, same issue i observed yesterday in a MP server. my plane was green with a red plane very closely following me :D frantically checked 6 but no one there :D checked overlord for bogey dope and nearest one was 100nm to the N. In short, I was chasing my tail :D

MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge ACMSI RTX4090 Gaming X Trio 24G OCIntel I9-9900K32GB DDR4 Kingston Hyper X + Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + WinWing Orion 2 F-16EX Viper Joystick + WinWing Orion 2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle with Finger Lifts + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Pico 4 + HP Reverb G2 + Track IR5 Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + LG 34GN850-B Monitor 

Are you guys seeing it all the time? I haven't been able to replicate it.

Can you guys give me new tracks, maybe some examples when it actually happens, I will log on tonight and try again to replicate it.

Yes Every single time I join any server I basically am flying blind. All my friendly's also show hostile. my contact, and any tankers etc. When I do a scan, I see green showing up on them as well as red. It's very frustrating in that I know this is a bug, and it severely hampers the ability to fly in servers where tags are disabled. I can never tell who is who. It has been this way since the previous big patch. The original patch that added IFF was fine. It was whatever patch after that, that broke this feature. Sorry for the lack of specifics.

** I've never posted a track before, or recorded one for that matter, but would be happy to try to show this issue. It has made it hard for me to even want to play DCS lately, which really stinks haha.

Edited by HayMak3r

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

** I've never posted a track before, or recorded one for that matter, but would be happy to try to show this issue. It has made it hard for me to even want to play DCS lately, which really stinks haha.

Tracks are created automatically everytime you fly. Check out your "C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer" folder. This is the path name in an english Windows version.

Tracks are created automatically everytime you fly. Check out your "C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer" folder. This is the path name in an english Windows version.

oh geez. there isn't anything I have to enable?? that's a pretty large folder hahahaha. okay well I fill look through my more recent one, that isn't terribly large, and post it.

Possible additional info: The guys on the 104th seem to have discovered a correlation between F16 and F18s being contributors to Link16 on the same side.

They have separated them on their server, and the issue does not appear to occur any longer on that server. I can confirm that I did NOT have the issue on their server since they made that change.

They seem to also be of the impression that ED is aware of that discovery.

It definitely still occurs 100% of the time of the Through the Inferno servers. It seems that an AWACS must be present as well. On the aerobatics server where there is no global datalink donor, I don't believe I've seen the issue.

I will need to create a new track.. I watched a few last night, and there is a lot of wasted time. Also uhm, is the replay supposed to not follow how you taxi? in my replay of a few, I was taxiing all over the place, and in one instance my jet took off on the grass, went diagonally across the runway and crashed in to the fence on the side of the airport? This most definitely did not happen during the actual MP session..

Means the track is corrupted. Happens often with long tracks. It's basically unusable.

Of course, that's not helpful when the issue doesn't always occur early in your play session...

There must be some way for ED to fix the track system...

Means the track is corrupted. Happens often with long tracks. It's basically unusable.

Of course, that's not helpful when the issue doesn't always occur early in your play session...

There must be some way for ED to fix the track system...

understood thanks.

Did some small scale testing with a friend...

While we didn't come across this issue, we did find that the JF-17 interferes with the F-16s datalink. A JF-17 with datalink enabled in master mode would cause any contact shown as "unknown" to the JF-17 (ie any contact it has not IFFed) to be removed from the F-16s datalink/HSD

It did not seem to affect the F/A-18 at all, all datalink contacts seemed to stay on no matter what in that one.

This was only with 2 players though, so there could be other interactions with more players, or 2 or more non-hosting players

Edited by LazyBoot