AGM 65F

oldpop

I have read a lot of post on how to slew the MAV seeker head to a tgt. "hold the TDC down", "then slew the cursor".

Please tell me is "hold down the TDC" the key setting for "Throttle Designator Controller - Depress".

And "slew the TDC" = Throttle Designator Controller - Left/right/up/down.

Can the axis commands "Throttle Designator Controller - Horizontal Axis/vertical" be used to slew the cursor as well???:cry:

I have read a lot of post on how to slew the MAV seeker head to a tgt. "hold the TDC down", "then slew the cursor".

Please tell me is "hold down the TDC" the key setting for "Throttle Designator Controller - Depress".

And "slew the TDC" = Throttle Designator Controller - Left/right/up/down.

Can the axis commands "Throttle Designator Controller - Horizontal Axis/vertical" be used to slew the cursor as well???:cry:

Pretty sure everything is as you say it is. You also have to make sure the screen with the mav on it is the Sensor of Interest (with the diamond on it). Having to hold the button while slewing is kind of annoying, but it is what it is.

Edited by slikbaz

All of your assumptions are correct.

There is an option under the "Special" tab for the Hornet which will allow you to use an alternate control method which does not require holding down the TDC button to slew.

All of your assumptions are correct.

There is an option under the "Special" tab for the Hornet which will allow you to use an alternate control method which does not require holding down the TDC button to slew.

Oh I didn't know this, thanks for the tip!

On my Warthog throttle the slew doesn't work well at all if I try to hold it down. It works just fine if I just rub my finger tip across it. So I have another button set for the tdc depress function but don't remember what it is right now.

On my Warthog throttle the slew doesn't work well at all if I try to hold it down. It works just fine if I just rub my finger tip across it. So I have another button set for the tdc depress function but don't remember what it is right now.

Yes, with the TM Warthog throttle due to hardware limitations on the throttle you can't hold the TDC slew button down and slew with it. That's why the option in the "Special" tab exists. Or you can assign depress to a different button and use it with slew axis that way.

I was using a spare button on the stick for TDC Depress as well, before I got the Deltasim slew upgrade. It works great for Depress+slew, if anyone's interested in knowing.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I was using a spare button on the stick for TDC Depress as well, before I got the Deltasim slew upgrade. It works great for Depress+slew, if anyone's interested in knowing.

Thanks. I didn't know it allowed both at the same time. I've just been using separate buttons still since I upgraded. Will have to try that out.

Thanks. I didn't know it allowed both at the same time. I've just been using separate buttons still since I upgraded. Will have to try that out.
Yeah, you don't lose any functionality.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

I "unchecked" the item in the special tab, saw no difference in the AGM 65 cursor. The AA radar cursor works fine. why can't both work the same????

Might be a bug then? Maybe you have to uncage it like the person below is referencing?

I personally use, and prefer, the realistic TDC slew feature in the F/A-18C Hornet - so I don't have a reference for that unfortunately....

You also have to uncage maverick.

Are you saying that you have to uncage the Maverick seeker head in order to slew it, when you are not using the realistic TDC slew feature?

If you're using realistic TDC slew, you actually don't have to uncage the AGM65F to slew it with the TDC (which I do). You can simply press and hold TDC depress and slew the TDC.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Edited by Ziptie
clarification

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I also use the "axis" rather than individual buttons for the TDC. Using Warthog HOTAS.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 4 months later...

My AGM65F DDI screen shows only a circle reticle with hashmark cross-hairs and a slew indicator that moves back and forth to the far left and then far right, etc. and this happens when I uncage it. Pressing mavk on the DDI top left button doesn't lead to the TPOD screen like it does in tutorial videos. Please help if you know what's going on there, thanks.

Edited by Thalvid
removed expired link

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

My AGM65F DDI screen shows only a circle reticle with hashmark cross-hairs and a slew indicator that moves back and forth to the far left and then far right, etc. and this happens when I uncage it. Pressing mavk on the DDI top left button doesn't lead to the TPOD screen like it does in tutorial videos. Please help if you know what's going on there, thanks.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-get-the-DCS-Hornet-AGM65F-DDI-to-show-the-TPOD-reticle/answer/Tad-Dastrup-2?prompt_topic_bio=1

Sounds like E (laser Mav)

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-get-the-DCS-Hornet-AGM65F-DDI-to-show-the-TPOD-reticle/answer/Tad-Dastrup-2?prompt_topic_bio=1

You're talking about the other Maverick missile with the IR seeker, the AGM-65F. Remember that you can only slew the seeker manually if a target designation (diamond) is not present, otherwise it'll slave to it. And depending on the Special Option for TDC Slew, you might need to press and slew the TDC to slew the seeker and release it to attempt a lock.

Here you're using the AGM-65E, that's a laser guided Maverick. You need to press UFC, select CODE, input a valid laser code (try the default 1688) and press enter. Then you need to hit STEP through the missiles and repeat the procedure. You'll see their codes where the 1111 lines are now. Then, when you uncage, the missile's seeker will (hopefully) lock onto a laser with the same code, either from your targeting pod, a buddy's pod or a JTAC's laser.

-

I still can't get the 65F to work. It never goes ready, never fires. The only exception to this it seems is that if I time it out on deck and leave it up and ready then it works, but it will not work when timed in the air. I can't figure out why

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

I still can't get the 65F to work. It never goes ready, never fires. The only exception to this it seems is that if I time it out on deck and leave it up and ready then it works, but it will not work when timed in the air. I can't figure out why

Odd. I just flew on OB again yesterday and specifically tested out the MavF for another reason and both live side and OB behave identically for me. I always start the timing right after the reload is finished and I never bother to wait for them to be done prior to take off and I don't have issues with them. I know a fair number of times that they weren't done as I can go A-G mode after take off and bring up the IMav page from the SMS page and see what remains of the timer.

I don't know what I could be doing wrong then. I can't get the RDY to go at all.

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR