Dog fight Radar mode

Rabbisaur

All dog fight radar mode behaves really strange.

1) if you locked a target with any dog fight radar mode, you cannot unlock. Not even when you switch between dogfight radar mode. And for example, you locked one target with bore sight mode, but you want to switch to another. you press bore sight mode again, and use the bore ring to aim at a second target within 2 NM. But the radar will still locking the previous one (out side bore sight) and refuse to lock to the target in the bore sight

2) Vertical mode does not want to lock on target. And the search pattern shown on the MFD is indeed a 13 bar 10 degree search pattern instead of a 4bar vertical search.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had any problems with DF mode.

Looking at the date of the post it was either fixed TWO updates ago, or it was a switchology problem.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

F-14 has two scan patterns: figure 8 and vertical, but I haven't checked if it still works.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Yes - the vertical scan pattern is bugged.

• 1 month later...

I also had the same problem while on the tail of an f18 in the growling sidewinder server. I tried locking him up with vt, no joy. i tried boresight mode, no joy. HUD mode? No joy. I was within guns range too so I don't know if its a distance thing or that the radar is a bit bugged.

There does seem to be some issues perhaps still related to the ground stable stabilization issues, but remember the ACM modes scan left and right in bars just like INTC mode. The real JF-17 has a complicated horizontal and vertical 15 bar pattern for vertical scan in real life. All the recent full fidelity modules have this issue, we’ll see when it’s corrected but it might be something we will have to wait for ED to code a similar thing for Hornet first.

So just remember it may take a while

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I also had the same problem while on the tail of an f18 in the growling sidewinder server. I tried locking him up with vt, no joy. i tried boresight mode, no joy. HUD mode? No joy. I was within guns range too so I don't know if its a distance thing or that the radar is a bit bugged.

Actually, I experienced a similar situation on the same server last weekend. The server itself seemed wierd, though. Tons of rubberbanding and crazy stuff happening. But there is definitely something wrong with those ACM modes. There was an F-15 right on my nose about a mile out flying completely straight and level. I could not lock him with any of the ACM modes. I was infuriated. Got him with the gun cross in the end because he was a flying zombie, though.:D

Anyway, the radar system clearly should have been able to lock this guy up as I spent nearly 20 secs on this guy's tail. Would be nice if DEKA could clarify and take a look...

Tried to explain above and some of the first page responses are good too, Deka already knows the scan pattern is only horizontal(and thus takes a really long time) when there is a vertical component in the real thing, it will take some time likely before this is possible, problem is known but even when fixed it will probably still take a while, even Hornet suffers from this for the same reason, ED has not seemed to have implemented complex scan patterns before, planes like FC3 had a simplified system where any target within the scan limits would be instantly detected, so even if it’s slow I still see this as progress to how it really is https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257008&highlight=Vertical+scan

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Tried to explain above and some of the first page responses are good too, Deka already knows the scan pattern is only horizontal(and thus takes a really long time) when there is a vertical component in the real thing, it will take some time likely before this is possible, problem is known but even when fixed it will probably still take a while, even Hornet suffers from this for the same reason, ED has not seemed to have implemented complex scan patterns before, planes like FC3 had a simplified system where any target within the scan limits would be instantly detected, so even if it’s slow I still see this as progress to how it really is https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257008&highlight=Vertical+scan

Thx! Good to know it is being looked at. Meanwhile, using good old Kentucky windage will do...:)