ModMan 6.2.0.0 (Major version) last stable version

Skypat

hello all

ADA mod pointed out some obvious ModMan bug

now it's totally fixed ! and sorry for that

ADA mod was useful to detect these bugs :) (BTW great mod)

6.2.0.0 (Major version)

-------

6.2.0.0 is the more stable version (USE IT !!!)

- DEBUG CODE removed

- FIXED: (important Hotfix) some wrong values was added to graphics.cfg files in texturecollections section when removing and addon

- FIXED: now when a serious error occur during install (ie: bad texture file) ModMan continues to install others files.

- FIXED: (important hotfix) CDDS index file was not recalculated right when a mod removed several CDDS files

- During install process, when installing a CDDS file, ModMan will add the entries automatically in graphics.cfg file

you don't need to code anything.

- During uninstall process, when uninstalling a CDDS file, ModMan will remove the entries in graphics.cfg file

*IMPORTANT: Instructions for modders guys (specially landscape texture artist)*

a) if it's a winter CDDS file, use 'Win' word somewhere in your CDDS filename (respect upper and lower case)

--> "winter = ..." entries will be added in graphics.cfg file

b) if it's an autumn CDDS file, use 'Aut' word somewhere in your CDDS filename (respect upper and lower case)

--> "autumn = ..." entries will be added in graphics.cfg file

c) if it's a spring CDDS file, use 'Spr' word somewhere in your CDDS filename (respect upper and lower case)

--> "spring = ..." entries will be added in graphics.cfg file

d) in default case

--> "common = ..." entrie will be added in graphics.cfg file

- There is now an icon to launch CDDS explorer as a standalone application

- in CDDS EXPLORER window, now you can extract several texture at once (by checking checkbox front of each line then click on 'EXTRACT')

- In CDDS EXPLORER window, user extract folder is now saved for the session

- Turkish lanquage added (thanks to Torwak for translation)

(Note that like in others language, lots of things are not translated at this time, sorry for that)

Will try to do my best in future to update all translations

don't use any OLDER version.

only 6.2.0.0 support last features used by several mod

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5486

• Like 2

hello all

ADA mod pointed out some obvious ModMan bug

now it's totally fixed ! and sorry for that

ADA mod was useful to detect these bugs :) (BTW great mod)

6.2.0.0 (Major version)

-------

6.2.0.0 is the more stable version (USE IT !!!)

- DEBUG CODE removed

- FIXED: (important Hotfix) some wrong values was added to graphics.cfg files in texturecollections section when removing and addon

- FIXED: now when a serious error occur during install (ie: bad texture file) ModMan continues to install others files.

- FIXED: (important hotfix) CDDS index file was not recalculated right when a mod removed several CDDS files

- During install process, when installing a CDDS file, ModMan will add the entries automatically in graphics.cfg file

- During uninstall process, when uninstalling a CDDS file, ModMan will remove the entries in graphics.cfg file

*IMPORTANT: Instructions for modders guys (specially landscape texture artist)*

a) if it's a winter CDDS file, use 'Win' word somewhere in your CDDS filename (respect upper and lower case)

--> "winter = ..." entries will be added in graphics.cfg file

b) if it's an autumn CDDS file, use 'Aut' word somewhere in your CDDS filename (respect upper and lower case)

--> "autumn = ..." entries will be added in graphics.cfg file

c) if it's a spring CDDS file, use 'Spr' word somewhere in your CDDS filename (respect upper and lower case)

--> "spring = ..." entries will be added in graphics.cfg file

d) in default case

--> "common = ..." entrie will be added in graphics.cfg file

- There is now an icon to launch CDDS explorer as a standalone application

- in CDDS EXPLORER window, now you can extract several texture at once (by checking checkbox front of each line then click on 'EXTRACT')

- In CDDS EXPLORER window, user extract folder is now saved for the session

- Turkish lanquage added (thanks to Torwak for translation)

(Note that like in others language, lots of things are not translated at this time, sorry for that)

Will try to do my best in future to update all translations

don't use any OLDER version.

only 6.2.0.0 support last features used by several mod

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5486

Hi Skypat :)

Wow !!! I'm impressed by the speed at which you delivered this version :)

Again, thanks a lot for developping this fantastic tool, we are sorry that we dit not think about taking the time to provide you with our mod or find the time to test it with the latest releases of modman 6...

Making an application like modman, alone, on your free time, is a great challenge and anything but easy, thanks a lot again, you did and do a great job :)

Cheers :)

Hub.

PS : did you check if our graphics.cfg updater is not messing up with you automatic processing of the .cdds files ? Because, modifing the graphic.cfg will be done by modman and our little updater which is ran as an external script :)

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi again Skypat :)

There might be some little issues with the installation of the "High resolution Skin Pack" of the AdA Mod :

- the high res skin pack provides some .cdds files containing textures in high resolution (2048x2048) with the same texture names than the textures already coming with the mod in "standard" resolution (1024x1024).

- but the problem is that those high res .cdds files does not have the same name than the standard .cdds coming with the mod (was necessary to make modman 5 work : otherwise, reinstall of one of the addon "over" the other one was not always possible...)...

Considered that the install script is not executed anymore, it seems that the graphics.cfg is not modified and ends up with references to .cdds (one standard, one high res) containing the -same- texture. I'm not sure how Lockon will handle this case.

We may have some manual "workaround" with .bat scripts already coming with our addons that can clean and add correctly the .cdds in the graphics.cfg, but we wonder if modman will not modify the graphics.cfg its own way every time and addon is installed ?

Thanks by the way to Cpt Stark for running those tests :) The AdA Mod Team is really a team :)

Cheers :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but we wonder if modman will not modify the graphics.cfg its own way every time and addon is installed ?

test already done Hub.

Modman, at each end of installation or uninstallation of any mod (even if the mod does not add or remove any cdds), the graphics.cfg file is checked and modified

so, in our problem, need to re-launch the .bat file ;)

hello

yes ModMan verify the integrity of the graphics.cfg file.

so if an installed mod using cdds is not registered in graphics.cfg file, ModMan will register it :)

your setup.exe utility is executed but it's doing nothing because CDDS lines are already present in

i understand your problem

it's due to your package.

package must be 'safe'

you need to add the files in the package in their inverted order within graphics.cfg files.

if graphics.cfg file should look like that after installing your mod

TEXTURE COLLECTION

common = HIGHRESfile1

common = HIGHRESfile2

common = HIGHRESfile3

then your package file MUST look like that (in the MOD MAKER list)

HIGHRESfile3

HIGHRESfile2

HIGHRESfile1

each 'common=xxxxxxxx' entries is registered just below the 'temptexture' entries

highres package must use only it's OWN cdds filename

default package must not use same cdds filename as highres package (actually this is the case)

i talk only about CDDS filename (if all textures within the 2 CDDS catalog files have the same name, it's not a problem at all)

then it will work and this is the 'safe' way ;) (just my mind)

*the good WAY is *

Ada default package

NORMALfile6

NORMALfile5

NORMALfile4

Ada highres texture

HIGHRESfile3

HIGHRESfile2

HIGHRESfile1

after installing the first default package (core package)

graphics.cfg file will look like

common = NORMALfile4

common = NORMALfile5

common = NORMALfile6

then you install the high res texture package and graphics.cfg file will look like

common = HIGHRESfile1

common = HIGHRESfile2

common = HIGHRESfile3

common = NORMALfile4

common = NORMALfile5

common = NORMALfile6

then you Uninstall the high res package and graphics.cfg file will look like again

common = NORMALfile4

common = NORMALfile5

common = NORMALfile6

hope you understand what i mean with my poor english ;)

this is the way to go

BTW you don't need anymore to include your external graphics.cfg updater .

supporting ModMan 5.x is not the good way to go because with latest addon, ModMan 5.x may corrupt your FC installation folder

Lots of very IMPORTANT bug have been fixed in 6.x series. (specially about CDDS files)

believe me.

but if you want support modman 5, it's not a problem to include your graphics.cfg updater .

just create your both package in the way i described

if you have any other question, i will help you.

just my 2 cents ;)

best regards

Skypat

2 Days ago, my CA ezAntiVirus program started saying the last ModMan setup program was infected with the Win32/IRCFlood virus, and it deleted the files. Now I just downloaded this new version and it is saying the same thing.

Has anybody else had this problem. Any idea why it is saying this? Here is the info:

http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=13938