Doubts about guided rockets

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

I just have a couple questions about them:

1- Is there any indication about how many are available/remaining? I can't find any for either BRM-1 nor mk5

2- You can fire the BRM-1 rockets without any targeting pod as normal rockets (CCIP), but as soon as I mount the WMD7 I can only shot them in guided mode as the mode option is locked in "DIR"...why can't I chose between DIR and CCIP? is that normal behaviour?

thanks!!

Take a look at my MODS here

Can you get them to hit anything?. My experience with them is they just do their own thing and go nowhere near the target.

It depends...if they are guided rockets they should hit exactly in the designated point no problem...the "issue" is when I want to use guided rockets WITHOUT athe targeting pod...then you can use the hud to point a mark (CCRP), but there is no hud piper for them like when using non-guided ones...that was my question, is there any way to use guided ones w/o targeting pod in CCIP (and thus with CCIP piper)...I guess is not hte case but not sure.

Take a look at my MODS here

It depends...if they are guided rockets they should hit exactly in the designated point no problem...the "issue" is when I want to use guided rockets WITHOUT athe targeting pod...then you can use the hud to point a mark (CCRP), but there is no hud piper for them like when using non-guided ones...that was my question, is there any way to use guided ones w/o targeting pod in CCIP (and thus with CCIP piper)...I guess is not hte case but not sure.

Have you tried using the backup SAIU knob?

Havent tried it but maybe it could work

Can you get them to hit anything?. My experience with them is they just do their own thing and go nowhere near the target.

I've had a few go wild but the vast majority hit the target. I'm guessing the wild ones are because they are beam riding right now and not spot tracking and they lost the beam. But I actually enjoy the occasional zinger. I'm sure it happens in real life,

I've had a few go wild but the vast majority hit the target. I'm guessing the wild ones are because they are beam riding right now and not spot tracking and they lost the beam. But I actually enjoy the occasional zinger. I'm sure it happens in real life,

This is my experience as well. It's been far from any kind of rigorous testing, but a kind of self-anecdotal evidence suggests that the one that miss really bad are ones where I have veered off the target too soon or too harshly, so there's every chance that the TGP beam simply no longer is in the rocket flight path, and their current beam-riding logic just loses guidance completely.

Following them into the ground generally feels like it increases the odds of the rockets hitting what you're aiming at. But beyond that, there are also a couple of bugs with the TGB (failure to spot track properly, and the classic issue where it hits the ground rather than the vehicle if your angle is too low) that will simply mean that you're not quite aiming where you think you are.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧