Parking Problems on Carrier!

mytai01

I like to start my missions on a carrier cold & dark. However, I can't park anywhere I want, and I'm always next to the forward catapults and get rammed by my own planes...

FA-18C CVN Black Sea Training.miz

Crash.thumb.jpg.83f1d0c06ff427a97410520bc7ab645d.jpg

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Known behavior. The way it is setup right now you only have control over which catapults you spawn on. Everything else is automated. The 4 spawns on the 6 pack are only available at mission start. The 6 spawns on the rearmost elevators are available at all times. In order to spawn on the elevator you have to spawn after mission start or have 4 aircraft start ahead of you.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Known behavior. The way it is setup right now you only have control over which catapults you spawn on. Everything else is automated. The 4 spawns on the 6 pack are only available at mission start. The 6 spawns on the rearmost elevators are available at all times. In order to spawn on the elevator you have to spawn after mission start or have 4 aircraft start ahead of you.

If you take note. There are five aircraft that spawn before me and my group. Yet, I still spawn right on top of the S-3's...The picture shows what happened. The mission file is also included...

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Didn't check the mission because I was busy at the time. It should have spawned you on the elevator. Reported it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 4 months later...

When the Stennis was released, we were able to also select the out of 4 parking spots on the ramp to spawn on from the mission editor. They removed it in an update right after they announced the super carrier for the first time. Also, since then, static aircraft placed on a moving carrier don't show, if I browse for them with F12 all I see is some partial model dragging across the ocean floor.

I'm referring with the Stennis, not the Carl Vinson.

And the Kuznetsov used to have space for 4 aircraft plus helicopters had their own spawn points, but they reduced it down to 3 aircraft spots.

If 3 aircraft occupy the Kuznetsov, helicopters now must wait for aircraft to take off to be able to spawn.

So the announcement of the super carrier has just degraded the current carriers we have, not sure if it's just bugs...or free carriers got nerfed to entice people to buy the super carrier mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]