Gunfighter 3 - a new generation of a flag carrier base!

AeroGator

With VKB releasing all of this new hardware recently, I guess the throttle system is getting all of their attention now, which is a good thing.:music_whistling:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

With VKB releasing all of this new hardware recently, I guess the throttle system is getting all of their attention now, which is a good thing.:music_whistling:

I hope so (as long as it has detents).

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Gunfighter Mk II to Mk III upgrade kit just arrived.

Awaiting notification for the long desktop mount.

and . . . . installed.

I like the new Soft Cams compared to the soft center old cams. Hard to explain but the stick travel seems gentle in the center and progresses smoother towards max.

Also, there was for me, a mushy feel in the old cams around center. That is gone and with a single new #50 spring each axis (instead of the old 30+20 each axis) and the TM F-18 stick it snap returns to the center area. I'm heading for Nirvana.

Edited by Catseye

My new Gunfighter Mk III Pro L has finally arrived!

:beer:

One week after the initial delivery attempt. Main thing is it is now safe and sound in my own hands. I can rest easy now LOL.

Very nice and tight packaging as well:

Also nice Armed tag to attach to it, I believe it was included with the batch of initial orders when announced.

Will probably get it up and running here in next few days, and will write up a review of my thoughts, along with comparison to the Mk I Gunfighter Pro I have which has been an awesome setup.

Also very curious to see how DCS recognizes it, as a whole new stick or will it just keep the settings intact from my Mk I that I already have setup.

Enjoy. It is an awesome setup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok finally took some time this morning and got my brand spanking new Gunfighter MK III Pro L MCG Pro all set up.

I will write a brief review with pics in another thread here in a couple of days, after I have time to spend a few hours with it in my flight sims.

So far I will only say - WOW I am impressed! What a work of art, and this coming from a Mk I.

Penty of springs, lots of hardware, and probably most important - thank you VKB for including a spring pull tool! Works a champ and very easy, I used to swap out the stock springs with a #50 on each axis, and it was so easy!

Got it all set up, loaded up latest version of the software - all buttons axis worked as should , calibrated. Then I loaded a profile I had saved from the Mk I as I had some custom button actions, and it is now operating as I prefer with those assignments.

And probably most importantly - both my flight sims saw it as the same device as my Mk I and I do not have to re-assign any controls at all. Yipee!

Going to give a good workout and see if I want to change any cams or add any more springs. Running the Avia Soft center cams that were already installed, and now 1 ea #50 spring on each axis. Will advise when I do get the review posted.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

dburne

Great!

I'm using the soft center and #50 springs and no dampening. Works like a charm with my TM F-18 stick. Weight of stick with spring choice is a perfect match.

Catseye

Are you using any deadzones, damper or stick curves using the Avia soft center? Also, are you using a Pro with extension or table top? The reason I'm asking I found the Avia soft center a little oversensitive.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Catseye

Are you using any deadzones, damper or stick curves using the Avia soft center? Also, are you using a Pro with extension or table top? The reason I'm asking I found the Avia soft center a little oversensitive.

Flying the FA-18C

TM F-18 stick,

No Damper,

Curves - see attached

Desktop setup on Fox Mount.

Spit has different curves as it is more "twitchy" to fly.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachmehttps://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=224587&stc=1&d=1578427306nt.php?attachmentid=224586&stc=1&d=1578427287

919752565_xaxis.jpg.569620e0763fb56784c357b92d40f201.jpg

2081524424_YAxis.jpg.fde2be1f073660e7ddb29b987025064f.jpg

Flying the FA-18C

TM F-18 stick,

No Damper,

Curves - see attached

Desktop setup on Fox Mount.

Spit has different curves as it is more "twitchy" to fly.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachmehttps://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=224587&stc=1&d=1578427306nt.php?attachmentid=224586&stc=1&d=1578427287

Thanks.

Spoiler:

dburne

Great!

I'm using the soft center and #50 springs and no dampening. Works like a charm with my TM F-18 stick. Weight of stick with spring choice is a perfect match.

Spent about three hours with it yesterday, will be spending about that much or maybe little more today using it. So far thinking I am going to stick with the one #50 spring on each axis and soft center Avia cams.

Awesome stick!

Don B

Don thank you!

Waiting for the in depth review!

Most welcome - will do spending a lot more time flying with it again today.

Don B

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to stop back in and say thank you to VKB for this wonderful device. It has rekindled a long dormant joy in me for flying. It’s great for everything from warbirds to spaceships. I will be recommending the Gunfighter to my friends. Top notch product. Can’t wait for your throttle (but I will)!

Ryzen 3900x, X570, 64GB G.Skill 3600, 2080 Super @ 3840x1600, 2x 2TB M.2s, H150i Pro AIO, TrackIR 5, VKB GF3 Kosmosima & T-Rudders Mk.IV, TWCS (waiting for TECS!)

I just checked with the EU store, it is not yet possible to reserve them, you must request to receive a notification after logging in

I don't understand, there are people who have received their Gunfighter 3 and here in Europe we should dream about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Gunfighter 3 - a new generation of a flag carrier base!

Guys i need some bits of help.

I received the first package with gf3 and mcg pro grip (the second one is because when i order it i saw the 20mm extension as not in stock but it was...the day after i saw it in stock and so tomorrow it should arrive also this second package) in the meantime i saw that in the package except a quick guide there is no manual, and I cannot find also on the website.

Can someone please direct me to somewhere where i can see instructions for how to configure it?

Probably I will have to change the springs for the longer stock and for that i saw a video on YT, but i read that this base has also dampeners...so how to install it and to configure it? Also i saw that we can use multiple springs and cams...is there any official or community resource that can explain all the differences?i also fail to under how to tighten the grip to the base, i saw the little plastic pieces that have to be fit into the hole but cannot understand how to do it.

Sorry but it is the first vkb base for me and I am a little lost with all these possibilities and i am scared about break something.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=14365

Very useful FAQ above.

Mk III is very easy to work on changing cams and springs out.

I use the 200mm extension and found one each #50 spring on each axis to be perfect for me.

You can combine two springs per axis, you will see the notches on the pins they attach two.

They recommend no more than #80 combined in two springs.

That is a metal pin that goes into the grip for fastening, once you see it you will realize how it should go. Pretty easy.

The main thing you will need to do is when you get it to calibrate it - not in Windows but in VKB software. Follow instructions closely in the FAQ and you will be fine.

Don B

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Mk III & grip. What an incredible piece of engineering, and just a joy to use. Thanks for getting it out so quickly, and in what had to be a very challenging environment with everything shut down.

Hope y'all are staying safe, and looking forward to more goodies from VKB. Please make some high-quality button boxes... :-)

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

I received my MKIII, Just wanted to know what difference between spring 50 and 50A?

You might want to ask that on the VKB forum instead, as that's where the engineers are usually able to answer: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=24

Received my Mk III & grip. What an incredible piece of engineering, and just a joy to use. Thanks for getting it out so quickly, and in what had to be a very challenging environment with everything shut down.

Hope y'all are staying safe, and looking forward to more goodies from VKB. Please make some high-quality button boxes... :-)

That's good to hear. Thanks. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

:thumbup:

Congrats ! I have many, many hours in my Mk III now and it is flawless for me, a pure joy to use.

Don B

Just a quick trip down memory lane (Dec 2018 - February 2020):

S4Iwsv8.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com