Gunfighter 3 - a new generation of a flag carrier base!

AeroGator

All of my parts/kits came in. I realized way too late that I ordered two twist grip conversions because I have two GF MK2 bases... but I only have one MCG Pro grip that can use the twist grip adapter. Now where do I go to verify the installation procedure?

Just found it on the VKB product page for the upgrade kit:

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now i wish that in 2020 VKB gets their main HOTAS kit completed, Gunfighter mk.3 + MCG + new modular throttle. And then couple new grips that are more special/generic ones. And of course a new modular helicopter collective that is three parts, angle rotation, extension tube and two different button boxes.

Then VKB will go very far...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I am thinking positive today, downloaded the latest VKB Device software to get ready for my shiny new Gunfighter Pro L Mk III when it gets here hopefully later on in the day. Have been running an older version of the software with my Mk I for some time now as I have no issues with it.

Surely this thing will arrive today. One and only delivery attempt was Tuesday, it is a little overdue now.

Power of positive thinking.

:joystick:

Wonder if I will need to use the same spring combinations as well as same cam numbers as I run on the Mk I...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Still no Gunfighter, USPS has already run and nothing. DHL tracking shows no updates.

This has turned into a cluster now. One supposed delivery attempt on Tuesday while I was home, and nothing since. Maybe next week.

Oh and great, I just tried calling DHL and they are closed on weekends, can only speak to a rep Mon-Fri.

I am getting a bad feeling now on this one.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

DHL was frustrating when all they would leave was a slip. I could get to their depot after work to pick it up in person with about 45 minutes to spare before closing and sometimes the line moved very slow. This time, the delivery guy showed up while I was home and I was out in the garage with the door open, so I took the package from his hands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stilil no more updates on tracking since the 24th on that one and only delivery attemp they claim no one was at home which is not accurate as I was home all day.

Pretty pathetic. And apparently they turned it over to USPS but no update reflecting this on DHL tracking.

Perhaps it will arrive Monday. If not may have to contact VKB and turn this mess over to them to deal with.

Extremely frustrating.

Don B

turn this mess over to them to deal with.

I'm sorry to say that at this point we're of no use. :(

The parcel is not lost, neither it is wrongfully withheld or confiscated - it is "in delivery". Hence, we cannot start a regular search/recovery procedure or anything like this. Besides, we are even in a different jurisdiction, with different consumer rights legislation, etc.

We're in no control over the mail carriers' operation, and how they switch hands - same as you are in no control when Delta cancels flight, and you are forced to fly with United who you hate as they break guitars.

Sorry Don it is an ugly situation but we just have to wait and bear.

Or, you can start filing complaints at the involved mail carriers' offices.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

I'm sorry to say that at this point we're of no use. :(

The parcel is not lost, neither it is wrongfully withheld or confiscated - it is "in delivery". Hence, we cannot start a regular search/recovery procedure or anything like this. Besides, we are even in a different jurisdiction, with different consumer rights legislation, etc.

We're in no control over the mail carriers' operation, and how they switch hands - same as you are in no control when Delta cancels flight, and you are forced to fly with United who you hate as they break guitars.

Sorry Don it is an ugly situation but we just have to wait and bear.

Or, you can start filing complaints at the involved mail carriers' offices.

Interesting take.

I sent DHL communication on their website yesterday to hopefully get some attention on this.

Hoping this thing arrives early part of the week and no further action will be required.

Don B

@ AeroGator:

In the first post of this thread you wrote:

5 – Electronics upgrade kit (Y sensor PCB + Cable + Casing with X sensor PCB pre-installed)

Upgrade kit 5 fits models: GUNFIGHTER 2

6 – GF1 kit (Combo cams kit + Dust cover kit)

7 – GF2 kit (Combo cams kit + Dust cover kit + Electronics kit)

On the VKB sim North America page it's stated, that the electronics kit is compatible with the GF Mk.I and Mk.II (https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=electronics-upgrade-kit).

Will there be an electonics kit for the GF Mk.I or will it be for the Mk.II only?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The original #10 (soft detent) and #30 (hard detent) are what it's called a 'progressive load' type of cam. From the new MKIII set the Avia-S (soft detent) and Avia-H (hard detent) are similar with them (but not the same).

The new Space-S (soft detent) and Space-H (hard detent) are considered linear cams.

The original #10 (soft detent) and #30 (hard detent) are what it's called a 'progressive load' type of cam. From the new MKIII set the Avia-S (soft detent) and Avia-H (hard detent) are similar with them (but not the same).

The new Space-S (soft detent) and Space-H (hard detent) are considered linear cams.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

A new week.

Keeping fingers crossed I finally get my new Gunfighter Mk III before this decade is out.

:joystick:

Trying to keep tabs on this thing through both DHL and USPS tracking is a bit of a pain. Hard to tell anything.

:doh:

Don B

I upgraded my Gunfighter Mkl to Mklll this weekend with the upgrade kit and all went well, one part was a little tricky but overall it went well.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I upgraded my Gunfighter Mkl to Mklll this weekend with the upgrade kit and all went well, one part was a little tricky but overall it went well.

Just picked mine up but no instructions?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Just picked mine up but no instructions?

Nope, it dosen't come with instructions, but this video I found to be very helpful, https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=electronics-upgrade-kit

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Outlaw: Great Thanks, totally missed that video.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Outlaw: Great Thanks, totally missed that video.

Not a ptoblem :thumbup:

Spoiler:

My new Gunfighter Mk III Pro L has finally arrived!

:beer:

One week after the initial delivery attempt. Main thing is it is now safe and sound in my own hands. I can rest easy now LOL.

5ssrOB9.jpg

Very nice and tight packaging as well:

98TKX2w.jpg

Also nice Armed tag to attach to it, I believe it was included with the batch of initial orders when announced.

Ru24uV8.jpg

Will probably get it up and running here in next few days, and will write up a review of my thoughts, along with comparison to the Mk I Gunfighter Pro I have which has been an awesome setup.

Also very curious to see how DCS recognizes it, as a whole new stick or will it just keep the settings intact from my Mk I that I already have setup.

Edited by dburne

Don B

My new Gunfighter Mk III Pro L has finally arrived!

:beer:

One week after the initial delivery attempt. Main thing is it is now safe and sound in my own hands. I can rest easy now LOL.

5ssrOB9.jpg

Very nice and tight packaging as well:

98TKX2w.jpg

Also nice Armed tag to attach to it, I believe it was included with the batch of initial orders when announced.

Ru24uV8.jpg

Will probably get it up and running here in next few days, and will write up a review of my thoughts, along with comparison to the Mk I Gunfighter Pro I have which has been an awesome setup.

Also very curious to see how DCS recognizes it, as a whole new stick or will it just keep the settings intact from my Mk I that I already have setup.

:joystick::thumbup:

Spoiler: