Mirage Seems Slower when Afterburners + Can't Shoot Magics

redmantab

Team,

Love this aircraft. Love the updated cockpit. I've completed the Mirage Campaign and also about 10 missions of the Red Flag Mirage (been a bit, can't recall exact name). I know this jet pretty well. Over the last few months or so, all of a sudden somethings are different....

1 - She really seems slower then going afterburners. I've dropped fuel tanks, tried everything, did the recent updates slow her down? I swear I don't have brakes on etc. Any ideas?

2 - I'm able to fire the Matra D missiles. Once I'm behind a sitting duck airplane in a mission I created....I'm able to easily switch to the mode that kind of feels like it auto locks on a target when its closer (forget that name too, please bear with me)....once I'm "auto locked on" I can click the 530 D on the cockpit and it lights up....boom I can fire. The far left missile, the magic's, I click on them all day long.....that little button never lights up. I've tried manually using the radar to lock the target and the "auto lock" mode. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance. Pardon my not remembering the names ...but I learned this beauty in VR AND while not speaking French....so over time I just learned what's where and mostly what it means.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

There has been a change some time ago: you can only select missiles using the hotas

Chuck guide is your friend. https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-mirage-2000c/

Kind of you to reply, but it seems you weren't too thorough reading what I said....

- I mentioned in my my post that I'm able to click on one of the missiles (Matra D but I can't click on Magics)....so you must not be correct that you can only select missiles using the hotas. Also, any thoughts on my speed/afterburners comment as well?

Cheers.

- I mentioned in my my post that I'm able to click on one of the missiles (Matra D but I can't click on Magics)....so you must not be correct that you can only select missiles using the hotas..

You can only select Magic using the HOTAS, and you no longer can using the PCA Button. However, to select the 530D, you have to select it using the PCA button. It seem strange, but this is how the real one behave, according people who know.

You can only select Magic using the HOTAS, and you no longer can using the PCA Button. However, to select the 530D, you have to select it using the PCA button. It seem strange, but this is how the real one behave, according people who know.

Ahhhh. Ok, neat. Ty.

Also, any thoughts on my speed/afterburners comment as well? She feels so much slower than she used to be and the afterburners don't provide any louder audio...like...at all. It used to.

The "aircraft seems slower" issue is something I have noticed on the Hornet as well. I haven't created a thread yet because I wanted to collect more evidence and find out the possible cause. It probably affects all jets in DCS by the way. On the Hornet I've noticed that it sometimes wouldn't give me full afterburner even though my throttle was set to max.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A few weeks ago I was flying formation at Mach 2.3, FL400. Launched the game a few seconds ago and achieved the same result over the Strait of Hormuz. I'm running the stable release.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Would you please elaborate, specifically, on how I select the Magic using the Hotas? What command etc am I looking for? I use x52 flight sticks btw. Thank you sir.

Hey redmantab! For Magics you'll want to use the 3-position switch, IIRC called Weapons Select Switch. It switches between Magics in AA mode / Guns in AA mode / PCA selection. It is true that now in order to activate the Magics you have to use your HOTAS. I am working on an updated version of the manual.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey redmantab! For Magics you'll want to use the 3-position switch, IIRC called Weapons Select Switch. It switches between Magics in AA mode / Guns in AA mode / PCA selection. It is true that now in order to activate the Magics you have to use your HOTAS. I am working on an updated version of the manual.

Thanks Baltic Dragon! That will help alot! Also, just curious, am I right that many of the aircraft feel a bit "slower"? The afterburners aren't even audible anymore. What gives?

• 3 weeks later...

I've only had some limited success with your advice here. Flown the campaign and 10 missions into the Red Flag Mirage as well, so I have experience. Wish using Magics wasn't so complicated lol.

I haven't found a weapon select switch described in the way you said "IIRC called Weapons Select Switch. It switches between Magics in AA mode / Guns in AA mode / PCA selection, Else PCA Select."

I found "Magic Select, else PCA select" and was able to map one of my switches to that. I created a mission flying behind a simple jet flying straight and it's wonky using the magics. When I press the button on my x52, it sometimes will show that I'm swapped to Magics on my cockpit panel showing "S", but then when I let go of the button I mapped it will sometimes swap back to 530D. If I play around with the panel and my button, I can eventually get it to stick on magics showing the "S" on the panel. What a pain. Then, once I get it to stick on Magics (this may be separate issue) I can't lock on the plane flying straight in front of me...unless I loop around for no reason and fly at it from another angle then I am able to get the "triangle lock tone."

Gotta say, spending an hour to simply use Magics is really a pain. Please advise. Great campaign...but its items like this that make the time sink frustrating. Getting that Youtube 1-minute DCS guy to do another vid for these new "updated" Magic's would work wonders. Look forward to your help and appreciate it as always. Thank you.

The "X else Y" controls are intended for hotas switches - for example, you push a switch forward, and it registers that as a held button until you move it back.

Thanks. What I'm doing is correct then? If not, please tell me specifically what to use.

... please tell me specifically what to use.

For A2A I have the these keybinds set

• "C" = Cannon

• "N" = Neutral = PCA pre-selected for 530

• "M" = Magic

So three buttons on the joystick and the foresight to set the PCA to 530 at the same time as I arm the Gun and Master Arm.

The controls are listed under HOTAS

• CNM AA Gun

• CNM neutral (PCA SELECT)

• CNM MAGIC

I found "Magic Select, else PCA select" and was able to map one of my switches to that. I created a mission flying behind a simple jet flying straight and it's wonky using the magics.

When I press the button on my x52, it sometimes will show that I'm swapped to Magics on my cockpit panel showing "S", but then when I let go of the button I mapped it will sometimes swap back to 530D.

This is because you are using the "else PCA select" mapping and your switch/button doesn't lock forward/in.

The "else PCA select" mappings are intended for joysticks like the Thrustmaster Warthog with three position switches with 2 closed (push and hold) positions and a middle open/neutral position.

4836218489_2a9e9c48f5_o.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Add 3 position switch diagram

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080