Paying money??? (rant)

nicktune1219

Oooh man, i want this for years! Animated deckcrew, animated lifts to park the steel under the deck.

After the supercarrier i'll hope.

Animated loading weapons by groundcrew and animated feuling. Make the airfields alive!

(euh...right we have the cow first! :D :D)

I'll pay, no questions about it!

DCS is lifting above the rest! :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So we are paying money for a carrier? This really sounds silly. Why should I pay money for a large carrier when I can use the Kuznetsov or the Stennis? I just don't see the point."

No point to me is your statement.

The carirer module it´s one of the must have modules for me. I wanted something similar since my Timex 2068 computer. So, i´ll pay twice, or more, for this module if needed.

Love carrier ops.

And thank you ED for this module. My dreams get closer.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

50 bucks??? So much? Is that confirmed? I was thinking it will cost 15-20. Who will give $50 for another uncompleted project?

Maybe 80 bucks and 60 for early access. :D

All on board! :D

Every hobby costs money. If you go to the gym it costs 30 bucks a month. That's 360 bucks a year. Imagine what modules you can buy in DCS for 360 bucks a year! It's all in perspective! :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

And ED said that it will be discount for those of us, who own Hornet.

thumbup.gif

Roll on getting the carrier.

Please, take my money!

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

So we are paying money for a carrier? This really sounds silly. Why should I pay money for a large carrier when I can use the Kuznetsov or the Stennis? I just don't see the point. Supposedly there will be some relaxing room, but this is digital combat simulator, not digital meeting simulator. This is also not digital navigating to a carrier simulator. I'm sure some people will pay for this, but a good amount of people wont pay 50 bucks for some carrier. It would be nice just to have it as an AI model, not as a paid module, so that way everyone can utilize this, but time will tell.

Hello. I can see why you asked the question but I hope you have managed to see the pre-release video now. What's coming looks quite stunning to me but of course people have different perceptions of these things.

We could argue about the paid module back and forth. But the only thing I'll add as my opinion, is that some features such as radio comms should be in the base DCS world, not on a payed updade. All the other features... fair enough.

I am curious how his is going to play out in MP. People who don't have the module, won't spawn on the carrier, easy enough I supose. But what about landing? They won't get comms...Ok... what if they decide to go rogue? Explode on impact? Wire will allways fail to arrest their aircraft?

We could argue about the paid module back and forth. But the only thing I'll add as my opinion, is that some features such as radio comms should be in the base DCS world, not on a payed updade. All the other features... fair enough.

I am curious how his is going to play out in MP. People who don't have the module, won't spawn on the carrier, easy enough I supose. But what about landing? They won't get comms...Ok... what if they decide to go rogue? Explode on impact? Wire will allways fail to arrest their aircraft?

I think for the people who don't have the module, the ship isn't collidable. So the fly right through it. They can see the ship but can't land on it! Hillarious!

On the other hand is a invisable collidable ball around the supercarrier realistic for not disturbing the other players who have the module

Just show a dog the sausage but he can't take it!

'Just buy it' :D :D

Edited by boedha68

Hmm, I haven't seen any official comments on how this interaction will play out.

I know one thing though... it's not gonna be me! I've skipped a dinner at a restaurant and set aside couple of my monthly allowances... I am getting the SUPERCARRIER:music_whistling:

I am just here, to reinforce, we need the animated cow!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

In The GA Supercarrier video, the show parked on the board and a E-2D moving to the catapult 3. The "old" S-3 Viking was very old and depleted from DCS some time ago.

I think BoneDust was refering to "linking" those units to the Carrier, so their waypoints get moved when the carrier is moving. Currrently you need to use a script to have those units to update their waypoints every now and then.

Btw, instant buy.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

50 bucks??? So much? Is that confirmed? I was thinking it will cost 15-20. Who will give $50 for another uncompleted project?

I will...or more... needed and wanted for decent Naval Ops.

Hoping for Christmas Break work and fun!

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

50 bucks??? So much? Is that confirmed?

$50 is way to cheap, I agree. Again, with all these hours upon hours of fun we get from DCS modules, their price point is way too low.

Starting at $99 - preferably more - is what I would like to see. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

One reason: immersion

I've lost track of the amount of sceneries I've bought for X-Plane but I can tell you they add so much to the immersion of being at an airport. It becomes part of the experience rather than something to rush through.

Just like X-Plane and Flight Simulator, you don't have to buy it. The basic version will be there for you.

i hope there will be bundles to make it cheaper.

Hornet+SuperCarrier+PersianGulf(+ChristmasSale:smilewink:) would make sense and could be a nice affordable packet.

someone mentioned that existing hornet owners could get a special offer. don't know if that was confirmed officially though...

$50 is way to cheap, I agree. Again, with all these hours upon hours of fun we get from DCS modules, their price point is way too low.

Starting at $99 - preferably more - is what I would like to see. :thumbup:

A real elitist military aviation simulator hobbiest must be able to stand out from the crowd. For this it should be at least 499$ per module. And in the future, please release maps without airports and cities. Then offer them as modules.:thumbup:

I will happily pay a module type of cost for the features they are bringing to us!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord