Paying money??? (rant)

nicktune1219

I've not seen anywhere where ED have said no ATC improvements from the new carrier will transfer to the existing. Your post is a long rant based on speculation and a misunderstanding of how things are now, let alone that "everything is subject to change".

Except that it wasn‘t a rant at all.Actually it was rather respectfully formulated and thoughtful , but its diverging from your own opinion on the subject of course.

Its a increasingly common but sad trend here in the forums, that any disagreeing or diverging opinion that is not a direct pro-ED stance is decried as a rant, negativity, ungratefulness or whatever.

Instead people would do well to accept that other people have different opinions which are no less valuable than their own and sometimes ED would do well to listen a bit more to some of the critics and less to the no - matter - what fans.

But I guess already this is a wasted effort..

Regards ,

Snappy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that it wasn‘t a rant at all.Actually it was rather respectfully formulated and thoughtful , but its diverging from your own opinion on the subject of course.

Its a increasingly common but sad trend here in the forums, that any disagreeing or diverging opinion that is not a direct pro-ED stance is decried as a rant, negativity, ungratefulness or whatever.

Instead people would do well to accept that other people have different opinions which are no less valuable than their own and sometimes ED would do well to listen a bit more to some of the critics and less to the no - matter - what fans.

But I guess already this is a wasted effort..

Regards ,

Snappy

Apologies if that's how you interpreted my post, I did not mean for it to come across that way. Indeed, I was not trying to communicate my own opinion on this matter at all.

I'm no ED fan boy, and it's not the opinion I take issue with, it's that lxsapper's post represented their opinions as facts. Advanced ATC comms not coming to the standard carrier? Might be true, where has ED confirmed this? Until it's been confirmed, don't state you opinion as fact.

I, as you are, am dismayed with how those voicing concerns are hounded. Raising concerns before we know they exist won't help.

Flamin Squirrel I respect your opinion that I voiced a concern unfound. But I don't belive I have. ED anounced a paid module, and have listed a list of features as part of that module.

I think it's reasonable to assume that they mean to say that all feartures under that anouncement will be only accessible to those who purchase the said module. I'll certainly be glad if they leave that one item out.

Edited by lxsapper
(horrible grammar)

It's not an all or nothing situation. While I agree it's reasonable to imagine that the existing carrier won't get the level of ATC the paid for carrier will, I can't see the existing carrier being left in its current (useless) state either. You may well find the existing carrier ATC gets an upgrade, funded by sales of the paid for carrier.

Either way, I think we should reserve judgement until we know for sure.

Well DCS's ATC is so non-functional that whatever improvements are made to it, should also find their way into the core sim as it comes to basic controller service. Just my 8.99£$€ on it though.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I have to see if there is a discount for people that own the F18, which I believe won't be high as the only module it can be used is the F18 and F14, but the F14 will have a free carrier.

The point that will make me buy it is if I see the internal hangars operative. So we can park or leave the hangars, and go to the upper deck with the elevators. For that purpuse, we would need the pushback vehicles, something that has been done already in xplane, and FSX, so I believe it wouldn't be a high difficult task.

Thanks.

ummmm,,,,,I'll be your friend for a free kick ass carrier module lol. I just hope they have at least 1 female voice for carrier operations.

+100 for female voice :D

The point that will make me buy it is if I see the internal hangars operative. So we can park or leave the hangars, and go to the upper deck with the elevators. For that purpuse, we would need the pushback vehicles, something that has been done already in xplane, and FSX, so I believe it wouldn't be a high difficult task.Thanks.

Agreed! this is more important for me then 18 spawn aircrafts on deck.

Edited by Sheriff BurneR

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA