Aircraft spawning on deck

SkipperSMG

I read that plans include spawning of 14 aircraft at the same time. Maybe even 18. We will see. Anyway, will the way we spawn units on the deck be changed with the release of the supercarrier module? So, will we be able to assign specific spawn points? Or will they be kind of "filled" up like it is right know?

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would also love to see us be able to spawn into spots that are occupied by static aircraft! For those of us flying in Virtual Carrier Groups it would be so nice for a lively carrier deck to be able to have parked static aircraft that we can use as spawn spots!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I would also love to see us be able to spawn into spots that are occupied by static aircraft! For those of us flying in Virtual Carrier Groups it would be so nice for a lively carrier deck to be able to have parked static aircraft that we can use as spawn spots!

Would be the dream, but i would also be satisfied, when there are dedicated spawn points like on airfields. I mean, they are there, but they are somewhat randomly(?) distributed by joining.

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats actually a brilliant suggestion, hopefully ED takes it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

And another question... spawn in hangar will be possible in EA?

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

And another question... spawn in hangar will be possible in EA?

Again I have to question what the hanger deck would add. Since you can't do any of the startup procedures in the Hanger Deck, or run your engines, spawning below deck will require a ground crew to move your aircraft to the elevator before you can startup and do alignment. Actually you would have to be moved off the elevator as well, as to not hog the elevator so other players can get on the flight deck as well.. For single player this added realism is fine, but this is a Multiplayer nightmare waiting to happen. Tons of extra code, de-sync issues, performance impact, just so you can sit there for 10 minutes watching your plane get moved from one deck to another and maybe 2 weeks worth of GR material.

Actually I'm pretty sure the aviators wouldn't get onboard the A/C until is was pre-flighted and armed on the Flight Deck. It just seems like a lot of extra code work for a feature that is going to be cool to do for all of 5 minutes before it will simply impede Multiplayer game play.

I like the idea of static A/C being replaced by players as they join. I can see that helping with immersion a lot more. Then if it wouldn't affect code to much you could animate those being moved between decks.

What it would add would be just emersion. The alternative would be to have aircraft simply appear on deck. If you were recording video of MP play, I think having new aircraft being hauled up from below deck and dropped off on a parking spot by a tractor and then for the pilot to actually walk from the ready room to his waiting aircraft and climb in, would be absolutely awesome compared to... "where's my wingman... *flup* oh, there he is".

Of course, that's just a lot of wishful thinking, and we'll probably just the..... *flup* :huh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

What it would add would be just emersion. The alternative would be to have aircraft simply appear on deck. If you were recording video of MP play, I think having new aircraft being hauled up from below deck and dropped off on a parking spot by a tractor and then for the pilot to actually walk from the ready room to his waiting aircraft and climb in, would be absolutely awesome compared to... "where's my wingman... *flup* oh, there he is".

Of course, that's just a lot of wishful thinking, and we'll probably just the..... *flup* :huh:

You are right for sure !

But seriously, I think they should better spend their dev&test time to produce a very usable radio system,

with as intelligent as possible artificial "Marshall, Airboss, Tower and LSOs" !

The accuracy of those radio comms with the Carrier is the main subject for the usability and the realism of that module !

Right.. So what I said in my last paragraph then. Before I clarify some things let me preface this post by saying my argument is strictly for Multiplayer Servers. What you do in single player and your personal buddy server is not the subject of my concern.

As to this thread and your wish-list, that does not:

1. Require a spawn site below deck, which was the reply my first statement referred to.

2. Require a hanger deck with excruciating detail, other that the parts visible from outside. Since which unless you were on foot, would be pointless. More polygons and textures add a significant amount of resource usage which does not help in Multiplayer.

I do not know which Multiplayer servers you use, but on none of the ones I've flown do people want to stick around on the carrier for 1 second more than they have to, much less 45 minutes to watch ground crew do their thing because ultimately this is a flight simulator and not a hey look at the pretty navy city airport boat and people. I appreciate we're getting a detailed one, so we can all get fully involved in the Deck OPS part of it, but beyond that I have no interest in seeing the mess hall fully animated. There are enough museum ship to go visit for that.

Seriously. I would consider my PC in the upper end, but after you add VR and a mid range internet connection things get bogged down real fast. I'm not interested in a slide show of the real nice pretty navy city airport boat. I have numerous coffee table books I can go read.

What I am interested in is getting marshaled to my catapult. Getting better radio comms and traffic and being able to have the barricade deployed should I need it. Beyond that empty aircraft being moved around would be cool, but not a necessity. And I would rather it be left off if the it is going to make the De-Sync issues worse. Surely everyone here distressed about the immersion can agree that is far worse. Additionally last night I spawned in on a stationary carrier and was still sliding on the deck. Considering this bug has been present for a considerable amount of time, along with so many other MP sync issues, I do not currently see the benefit of adding or animating anything beyond what we need to launch and recover the A/C FOR MULTIPLAYER until the core engine becomes better suited to add all these other features.

I think full deck operations should be present. That's one of the points of module. In my mind, taxiing from parking all the way to the catapult and taxiing from the landing zone all the way to an assigned parking position, including the crew pushing the aircraft in place, should be enough, at least for starters. De-sync is an issue for sure, but it's separate from that and part of the core sim. If it becomes too much of a problem on the deck, people can always de-spawn. I don't like the idea of everyone taxiing everywhere they want, that'd defeat the purpose of the module, IMO.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I think full deck operations should be present. That's one of the points of module.

In my mind,

taxiing from parking all the way to the catapult

and

taxiing from the landing zone all the way to an assigned parking position,

including the crew pushing the aircraft in place, should be enough, at least for starters.

De-sync is an issue for sure, but it's separate from that and part of the core sim. If it becomes too much of a problem on the deck, people can always de-spawn. I don't like the idea of everyone taxiing everywhere they want, that'd defeat the purpose of the module, IMO.

I do totally agree with your point of view !!

Edited by RaiderOne

I cannot see this having everything people want. To recreate a deck on a Super Carrier involves enough difficulty.

Usually if a feature has been developed or is researched and ready to go in the queue, you will hear a resounding yes from the team.

There is a long list of nope. I doubt we will even get the AI of MOOSE airboss equivalised here. Be happy with the pretty parts, dont expect too much.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I do not know which Multiplayer servers you use, but on none of the ones I've flown do people want to stick around on the carrier for 1 second more than they have to, much less 45 minutes to watch ground crew do their thing because ultimately this is a flight simulator and not a hey look at the pretty navy city airport boat and people. I appreciate we're getting a detailed one, so we can all get fully involved in the Deck OPS part of it, but beyond that I have no interest in seeing the mess hall fully animated. There are enough museum ship to go visit for that.

I think large private groups might benefit from a hangar spawn. The Stingers and perhaps the Grim Reapers or similar might have a legitimate need because group missions all start at the same time. 14 is plenty of spots in most situations so a decent compromise (especially in early access) would be to allow more than 14 spawn positions and then to do a good job managing the queue when more than 14 players want to be on deck at the same time.

It would also be a cool way to spawn AI like the E2C, S3B and the eventual A-6 from Heatblur instead of just having them pop in from nowhere.

I agree its a lot of extra work, but the cool factor might make DCS more appealing to new customers.

hangar spawn would be much better than the current waiting to spawn message when theres no room. use it as overflow and let players spawn and be moved to the top deck by crew as space there is made available. gets people at least in the game and loaded while waiting for space.

Im pretty sure that in real life crews .. do not man aircraft until on deck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yeah for me better option will be spawn in hangar, go to briefing room..rearm your aircraft and then taxi to elevator and going up ... that will be awesome :)

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

Pilots go from the ready room to the flight deck to man their aircraft. Plane captains man it in the hanger bay to the position on the flight deck to control the brakes.

FC3 | UH-1H | A-10C | F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | P-51D | F-5E | AV-8B |

Caucasus | Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | The Channel |

SuperCarrier |

I can't post natops quotes here unfortunately, but if you crack open your copy to page III-8-3 in section ''8.2.4 Hangar Deck Operation''. It talks about aircraft being sometimes manned on the hangar deck and in the second paragraph it mentions having the pilot in the cockpit whilst it is being pushed onto the elevators.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2