Engines performance

JRM

Just zoom your view / fov back more. Until you think it's about right.

• Like 2

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

It's not that, I'm taking about continuous stalling while trying to make thigh turns, talking about the final speed, I know that this stats can be modified but don't know where to start.

Pd: I will only use this mods in single player

Perhaps you're not conserving energy enough when turning hard? The Hornet is pretty draggy, especially in high G turns. Best to keep it above 400 kts if you want high Gs.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Perhaps you're not conserving energy enough when turning hard? The Hornet is pretty draggy, especially in high G turns. Best to keep it above 400 kts if you want high Gs.

Yes I know that but the point is that I want more power to the engines, I want a faster f-18 doesn't matter to me if is not as accurate as the standard model.

Check the FA-18C.lua and do some changes there. If those have no effect, then it's not possible.

well I have already done that but no effect or the game starts to crash.

but let me tell you...it works with vsn jets

Wouldn't it be considered cheating?

In single player - it doesn't matter - unless he becomes conflicted about cheating himself. Which it would be.

To the OP:

Hornet has plenty of power, all about maintaining energy. All aircraft are dependent on that to be fair.

Get the Viper or the Tomcat if you want more power - not sure what to say. Seems an incredibly odd request...

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

In single player - it doesn't matter - unless he becomes conflicted about cheating himself. Which it would be.

To the OP:

Hornet has plenty of power, all about maintaining energy. All aircraft are dependent on that to be fair.

Get the Viper or the Tomcat if you want more power - not sure what to say. Seems an incredibly odd request...

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

+1 :thumbup:

To the OP:

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

It does matter. If it can be done in SP, someone will do it in MP.

Buzz

It does matter. If it can be done in SP, someone will do it in MP.

That's what the Integrity Check is there for.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not sure if the Hornet is actually underpowered compared to actual metrics. If I had any concern, it would be around how slow it goes through the afterburner stages. Seems like the F404 engine should reach its max AB stage much faster.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

That's what the Integrity Check is there for.

+1. IC will inhibit this behavior, thankfully.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Flight Model (Including Engine Data) are compiled into a .dll and cannot be edited.

The Thrust Parameters for for the Hornet are correct.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hornet has never been known for, nor designed or intended to be, a super high performance fighter.

It was designed for reliability, flexibility and robustness whilst being competent at a wide variety of missions. It is a Navy aircraft through and through, for all Naval uses, not a dedicated air superiority fighter.

Its engines specifically, are tailored to be easy and quick to maintain, to require fewer maintenance hours per hour of flight, not tuned for super high performance in the dogfight.

Like others have pointed out, you can get impressive handling from the Hornet, but only if you fly it "right".

Also Id be incredibly surprised if flight parameters (one of the main USPs of the product, after all) were user-editable.

Edited by p1t1o

Take it up “Clean” except for wingtip aim-9s and give it a shot. It’s got plenty of power. As has been mentioned, it is a draggy aircraft when turning due to its love of high-alpha turns. How it’s designed..for one circle fights. If your hanging ordinance on the wings, you are compounding the aircrafts tendency to bleed energy in turns. It just isn’t going to accelerate and regain energy like an F-16.

I get that you just want to have more power...but I think you will find you have all the power you need if you keep your speed up and watch the high-alpha turns

Also consider the specific aircraft the Hornet was designed to fill-in for, specifically the A-7 Corsair, and to a lesser extent the A-6. It's a multirole striker, not a dedicated fighter like what the F-16 was originally designed to be.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

In one of the missions the plane is loaded w/ missiles on every station. Just yesterday I ended up w/ the last of 4 bogies on my ass. This usually ends w/ me shot down so, as an experiment, I jettisoned everything missiles and mounts, and tried to out run him. I was still shot down but it was the first I ever saw 700+ in level flight. Since I only fly in SP I cheat a little on missions starting from the carrier. Before launch I rearm w/ a pair of 9Xs on wing tips and a 120 under each wing. I have unlimited ammo set in the basic options so I end up w/ a much less draggy plane and have plenty of missiles.

In one of the missions the plane is loaded w/ missiles on every station. Just yesterday I ended up w/ the last of 4 bogies on my ass. This usually ends w/ me shot down so, as an experiment, I jettisoned everything missiles and mounts, and tried to out run him. I was still shot down but it was the first I ever saw 700+ in level flight. Since I only fly in SP I cheat a little on missions starting from the carrier. Before launch I rearm w/ a pair of 9Xs on wing tips and a 120 under each wing. I have unlimited ammo set in the basic options so I end up w/ a much less draggy plane and have plenty of missiles.

Well at least you made a faster fireball I guess.

If you are going to bug out the time to do it is not with a bandit in firing position on your 6. :doh:

• 1 year later...

DCS is a great "game". Love it.

It is a game, not a true to life simulation.

It chooses to have 40 year old aircraft with no up to date  technology.

Top secret you say...I say  BS.

F-15EX is full glass cockpit - IRL 2021.

You don't need top secret clearances, or classified manuals to make a jets engines go faster, faster, more power captain!

Not need for antiquated aircraft unless that's the game you want.

Ok, so for the F-18.

It is a good ground pounder.

It is a dog for air to air. 

A  good air to air - shouldn't need to have to "conserve energy" when you ass is on the line.

Push throttle forward and those puppies you head you straight up for the moon, no questions  asked  with lots of life saving thrust / airspeed to spare (remember - it is only a GAME).

Since we know that DCS missles are deliberately hampered to go LESS distance than in real life, and they justify their actions, then we  can make the F-18 engines deliberately go faster than in real life. 

Truth is, should have built the F-18E Super Hornet, not the old  slow C model.  But what is done is done.

Have 1100+ hours in the C model and it is a good one - for ground  work.

Its the F-22 that should have been put in the DCS A LONG TIME AGO. 

If I had the skill to do a real  to life looking F-22 I would do it myself.  That is the premiere glass cockpit air to air superiority fighter.

Where is the IRL looking F-22 with monstrous engine power and super tight air to air maneuvering.                     

Remember, at the end of the day, it is just a "game" not an IRL simulation.

My 2 cents.

Yours may vary.

Edited by captflyby
  • Thanks 1