DCS - Nhawk's Weapons mod

Here is the post with the code I have found:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3620704&postcount=20

happy to help test, just have to round up a buddy or two to lase for me.

EDIT: Not sure what is easier - add the GBU-10 (with penetrators?) to the Mirage/F-14 (I think F-16 and F/A-18 already have GBU10) or add this guidance change to the GBU-24?

Does the GBU-24 option then come with penetrators as well? The whole reason this is an issue is because we need some bunker-busting capabilities. :D

Edited by hlfritz
added suggestion

• 2 months later...
I am also wondering, especially re: GBU-24. ;)

I believe this is not kept up because so much is changing on weapons by ED lately.

It's actually quite easy to edit damage to your liking in warheads.lua especially GBU-24 as it uses simple warhead. Just increase or decrease the value.

Other warheads are also fairly simple. There are explanations of it at the bottom in Russian. Just run Google Translate.

Of course, this is for SP only as any edit to weapons will break IC obviously.

well, the changes have definitely slowed down compared to 3 months ago. the issue with gbu-24 is not damage, it has no guidance in the game. while the F-14 and Mirage can carry it, it does not follow lasers as it should.

I didn't know this mod dealt with guidance. I thought only performance characteristics. My understanding is that GBU-24 is still in development and 3rd party developers included them prematurely.

On the topic of adding or changing the guidance of weapons:

Is it possible to create a copy of the MIM-23 Hawk SAM, give it the guidance of the AIM-7, and make it air launchable? At the minimum considering it for AI usage to represent Hawk armed Iranian F-14s, but if the underlying guts of the missile are that of the AIM-7 could the Tomcat module be fooled into firing them? I've heard you can do all kinds of stuff to AI aircraft as they don't fully model the systems and guidance.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Do you have any plans to update this again? Or Have you not updated it because it still works?

I havn't touched it recently due to it both still working and just a lack of time as well. I'll look at pushing out an update maybe with some changes to bombs and what not when I can look at it.

On the topic of adding or changing the guidance of weapons:

Is it possible to create a copy of the MIM-23 Hawk SAM, give it the guidance of the AIM-7, and make it air launchable? At the minimum considering it for AI usage to represent Hawk armed Iranian F-14s, but if the underlying guts of the missile are that of the AIM-7 could the Tomcat module be fooled into firing them? I've heard you can do all kinds of stuff to AI aircraft as they don't fully model the systems and guidance.

Hmm I think in theory you could, coppy paste the stats into an existing missile the F14 has and then see if you can tell it to load the 3d model for it. Not sure if it will work, never tried, but hey if it does man that'd be awesome

well, it deals with weapons mod. Personally I think guidance is part of the weapons performance.

I asked several posts up, refer to posts 74-78.

Yeah for all the older missiles I can't really touch guidance that much, I tweaked the PN coefs for a few missiles but raw guidance changes I can't really touch. It seems that the newer stuff has a few more things you can tweak, and I want to see if I can adjust the AIM7 to be a bit more agressive under 5miles, but again can't make a ton of changes.

Edited by nighthawk2174

How is the current DCS R-27R compering to the mods one, just out of curiosity?

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

I havn't touched it recently due to it both still working and just a lack of time as well. I'll look at pushing out an update maybe with some changes to bombs and what not when I can look at it.

Ok, cool. Btw if youre going to touch on the bombs, i have been trying to make my own version of the old warhead rework mod. But it just makes the game shut down while loading, so i think that file might be looked at by the protection that ED implemented for the hornet.

Hmm I think in theory you could, coppy paste the stats into an existing missile the F14 has and then see if you can tell it to load the 3d model for it. Not sure if it will work, never tried, but hey if it does man that'd be awesome

I tried making a useable hawk by making a new weapon declare in the F-14s weapons lua yesterday after talking with lance. But, all it did was make the F-14 show up as an A-10C. So idk if you can take what i did and make it work since im pretty new to DCS modding and i dont know if im doing it all right, but if you want to try just PM me and ill shoot you the file with the code.

So far i have been successful in adding AIM-9X and AIM-120 to the tomcat and a few extra bombs and rockets. But that all ive gotten to actually work so far. Shrikes kinda worked, but theyre hard to get to lock when you cant hear when they lock on since they have a pretty small boresight before the firing and it doesnt line up with the ADL.

Yeah adding weapons causes issues in other files that breaks things hence my statement of having to use an existing weapon. I don't know if you can just add the HAWK missile itself though, if you can get the weapon name I don't see why you can't just add it the same way you did the 9x/120. Not sure where the name is though maybe check in the scripts/database folder and see if it declares a "loadout" for the HAWK launcher unit. If it is in there then try seeing if copy pasting that name works.

How is the current DCS R-27R compering to the mods one, just out of curiosity?

The current 27R only got lift changes no drag changes so in essenece the AA10A is a lot slower than the mod (check first post) and the ER is a bit slower then the mod.

Here's how the R77's compare:

zq4CT3p.png

ZtTrMU2.png

Blue is new ED drag with new thrust

Yellow is old ED drag with new thrust

Orange is my drag with old thrust

Silver is my drag with new thrust

Current mod uses old thrust my drag, will update that in the next update when I get a chance.

Edited by nighthawk2174

Yeah adding weapons causes issues in other files that breaks things hence my statement of having to use an existing weapon. I don't know if you can just add the HAWK missile itself though, if you can get the weapon name I don't see why you can't just add it the same way you did the 9x/120. Not sure where the name is though maybe check in the scripts/database folder and see if it declares a "loadout" for the HAWK launcher unit. If it is in there then try seeing if copy pasting that name works.

I was chatting with Isenderen about it. There is a scripts/database/weapons entry for the Hawk missile in the missiles_data.lua as:

Name = HAWK_RAKETA, --MIM-23K Hawk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIM-23_Hawk

display_name = _('MIM-23K Hawk'),

name = "HAWK_RAKETA",

But, if you head over to the missiles_table.lua, nada.

Head back up to db_weapons_data.lua and again, no entry for it.

It seems to means no clsid to reference when adding it as a carried weapon, etc. So it would seem you'd need to make sure it's present in one or both of those files as well, perhaps referencing the info in the missiles_data.lua as I think that's where the warhead and other data is linked. Obviously something has to reference the shape for the missile itself as well.

Digging a little wider if you go to scripts/database/scripts there's a missile.lua, and the M192 launcher in there has the MIM-23 listed as its ammunition:

GT_t.LN_t.M192.PL[1].name_ammunition=_("MIM_23");

I may keep digging around to try and find the right references but I have a feeling the route would have to be actually replace an existing weapon's model and data, or, somehow try to add a totally new weapon. Not sure if there's any way to overwrite and tell DCS to load extra weapon table LUAs or anything from mod folders though in case it doesn't want you editing the actual core database files.

Probably not possible but I sometimes have fun digging around until I find what I want.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Updated the mod to V1.8

https://gitlab.com/Nighthawk2174/nhawk---weapons-mod-public-release

-----------------------------------------------

V1.8

*Mod now works with current Open Beta Version but is INCOMPATABLE with previous versions.

- R-77 New ED thrust added

- SD10 - Now uses full drag curve similar to AIM-120C

- SD10 - Now uses AIM-120C guidance

- SD10 - Tweaked Drag curve/Thrust values

- AIM-9L/M - Tweaked Thrust to better match thrust curve values:

- AIM-9L/P5 - Tweaked CCM

KzD8SGo.jpg

- Some Tweaks to AK630 Ammo

*Adjusted weights, muzzle V, Lifetime, Explosive weights, and dispersion.

*New Feature

-Adjusted explosive damage of MK80 series of bombs,

- tweaked explosion visual effects to stay consistent with current values

- Gave armor penetration values to most American rockets and bombs (should help with damage on direct hit)

- Adjusted explosive damage of Hydra70 HE/HEAT and Zuni rockets.

changelog here:

https://gitlab.com/Nighthawk2174/nhawk---weapons-mod-public-release/-/commit/add0b2cf28d4a0e65fb2fe7fb216f63d32c0f7c5

Edited by nighthawk2174

@nighthawk,

Not able to do anything for the GBU-24? thank you sir.

The GBU-24 was fixed by ED last patch!

hopefully it doesn't get broken again!

I have solidworks and the FLOW CFD.

My question is, how can you import .EDM files to solidworks? I can't figure it out.:helpsmilie:

Can't I looked into that a while ago, the EDM files as far as i'm aware are ED's own 3d model format which you export too but not export from.