OH-58D Announcement

What is the point of this helicopter. the OH-58D is primarily operated in an armed reconnaissance role in support of ground troops. in DCS we don't really have ground troops or actual complex ground battle in order to make the most out of that chopper's capabilities. seems useless for DCS. ARMA III players on the other hand would benefit greatly from such a machine

What is the point of this helicopter. the OH-58D is primarily operated in an armed reconnaissance role in support of ground troops. in DCS we don't really have ground troops or actual complex ground battle in order to make the most out of that chopper's capabilities. seems useless for DCS. ARMA III players on the other hand would benefit greatly from such a machine

Do you play multiplayer? Hunting sams without SEAD aircraft is really difficult, but lasing a maverick with the OH should be pretty easy, and a combo harrier+OH or any other plane that have lased armament is useful. And you have Hellfires, that have around 8km range.

Chinook lover - Rober -

You could say the same about the Gazelle - but go and fly the Dixmude campaign then come back here and tell us it's pointless in DCS World.

Strange for a first post, btw, leaves one suspecting agenda.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Isn’t that the one that would get the attention of the US military, and not the good kind?

In response to my question about the MH-60 version used by SOAR.

If we are talking Iraq I time frame or Bosnian conflict time frame probably not.

Have some Delta/SOAR friends from that era, they discuss ops, weapons and tactics all the time, in public places. Delta guys don't talk shop, unless it is old news and no longer relevant to current theaters.

But, I am just some nerd civvy, and you could have a valid point. :thumbup:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Bought the Gazelle and quickly noticed it was in Alpha stage ... to never be finished.

Sorry but not buying a second module and risk the same ending. If the product ever finishes up and has a realistic flight model, I will reconsider.

But FOR SURE ...no presale or alpha release for me.

Good luck with the project guys, I love the Kiowa. Go in STRONG on that one. I recommend no early release and a quality to the level of the F-14 to build back our trust. Blow up our minds.

Bought the Gazelle and quickly noticed it was in Alpha stage ... to never be finished.

Sorry but not buying a second module and risk the same ending. If the product ever finishes up and has a realistic flight model, I will reconsider.

But FOR SURE ...no presale or alpha release for me.

Good luck with the project guys, I love the Kiowa. Go in STRONG on that one. I recommend no early release and a quality to the level of the F-14 to build back our trust. Blow up our minds.

I am with polychops, I always had time for them and the fact that they are coming back at us with a treasured weapon platform speaks volumes to me.

I will back these guys at my cost and hopefully as a result, your Gazelle will become as great as she deserves to be.

+++++ 1,000,000 on the F-14 quality module, It just has to be the way for these boys to go, obliterate the past! Obliterate it completely!

If they get this right, this bad boy will sell very well indeed!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Because this is a study simulation, and not everything revolves around minmaxing. 90% of the stuff ingame is ingame because somebody thought it was interesting and so made it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I don't understand why people can't fly the Gazelle it is one of the easiest Helis to fly. A lot easier to fly than the Huey. Are you guys not turning the trim system on?

KA-50 is the easiest to fly, as you can even fly the complete mission almost completely hands off from the HOTAS if you so want.

Mi-8MTv2 is like a cruise ship, it doesn't play around and all you need to do is to prepare for slowdowns from further distance.

Huey is like a old hot rod, it surprises with its power and agility, but it ain't so agile as KA-50 is, but it obey your mind without any problems.

Gazelle is like a balancing a golf ball on needle.... That has mind like a wild mustang, one moment it follows your controls and suddenly it goes crazy and it has completely own mind to respond to your inputs. And this especially when you are in transition or getting to hover. That bird loves speed, where it doesn't require much at all, but at some odd speed ranges it just says "Okay, I go to left" when you are starting to perform a right turn.

KA-50 with half of the fuselage gone, all AP challens lost, no HUD and half of your rotor blades gone, and it is easier to fly than Gazelle as it actually behaves like an helicopter.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...

Live today!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Nice stream!

Good to see the Hellfire and laser rockets working so well!

And the exterior textures that are finished do look good too!

I knew that Hellfires had different flight profiles... I didn't know they had a mode that made them dive downwards at such a steep angle.

I'm guessing that's to take advantage of top attack on MBT thin roofs? Guessing that it just flies straight and level, and then senses when the laser gets low in the seeker view, that it suddenly decides to center the laser dot in the seeker head, pitching the missile downward. Very smart yet simple... but needed to take on the improved post-Soviet heavily armored tanks.

Nice stream!

Good to see the Hellfire and laser rockets working so well!

And the exterior textures that are finished do look good too!

I knew that Hellfires had different flight profiles... I didn't know they had a mode that made them dive downwards at such a steep angle.

I'm guessing that's to take advantage of top attack on MBT thin roofs? Guessing that it just flies straight and level, and then senses when the laser gets low in the seeker view, that it suddenly decides to center the laser dot in the seeker head, pitching the missile downward. Very smart yet simple... but needed to take on the improved post-Soviet heavily armored tanks.

The Hellfire is designed for a top down attack profile to take advantage of the lighter armor on the top of a tank. The LOAL-Hi and LOAL-Lo modes in the Kiowa are designed to mask the Kiowa while another laser designator marks the target (ground designator, another aircraft, etc.) The LOAL-Lo has the Hellfire clear a 260 foot obstacle with stand off and LOAL-Hi clears a 1000 foot obstacle with adequate stand off. A LOBL or LOAL has a lower climb than the Hi and Lo modes, but the missile still climbs coming off the rail and dives on its target.

• 4 weeks later...
Any release date yet?

There's still quite a bit of work to do, to get it right i.e. systems modelling, tuning the FM, etc.

Edit: Remove dead video link

... and as Polychop plan to release it feature complete and with Bell's approval/QA, it'll be done when it's done.

I'd be much less interested in the DCS Kiowa if it was any other way.

Edited by Ramsay
Remove dead video link

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 4 months later...

Wow.

I am super excited, so your youtube teasers work! :lol:

This will be my first rotary wing module and just for this I bought new pedals today. Cant wait to use them with the Kiowa!

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

This is looking amazing, pilot bodies look great cockpit looks great mfd’s look great and by the sounds of it the FM is really complex, I can’t wait to buy it plus the helicopter looks great as well.

I’m no longer purchasing every module released for DCs anymore but this one has my attention.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I'm also very excited about this module. Ready to pull my wallet as soon as pre purchase comes available. Can't wait to fly this baby over the new Syria map :pilotfly:

(Fingers crossed for decent VR performance though)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

This summer? :)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro