OH-58D Announcement

This summer? :)

That would be awesome.

End of 2020 is probably more realistic I guess...

Plenty of time for barundus to make more of his great videos :music_whistling:

BTW, any ETA for the next one? :D

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I am struggling right now:

Should I wait for the Kiowa or should I buy the Huey to get started with choppers?

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

I am struggling right now:

Should I wait for the Kiowa or should I buy the Huey to get started with choppers?

Go with mi-8& ka50. You wont regret it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I'd start with the Huey, to learn the basics, as it's underslung rotor head should make it little more stable/easier than the KW.

The KW itself will *perhaps* have the "twitchiness" of the gazelle, mixed with the complex avionics of the Ka-50.

However IMHO, neither of those have a "typical" helicopter FM.

My son started with the Gazelle so it is doable but as there's a lot of overlap in the Gazelle/KW mission profiles, I'd go with the Huey if your intention is to eventually buy the KW.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been away lately whats the timeline on the Kiowa?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Talbot_pl said:

Kiowa & Apache it will be nice cobat set as "Pink teams" (or as you like Hunter-killer team). Just need to wait as somebody will announce UH-60 and there is a chance I will put my AV-8b to hangar for a loong time 😉

I think the AV-8B and the A-10 assisting would be awesome as well.

I really hope the OH-58D and AH-64D have maximum compatibility with their systems.

It will be the newer better version of the game team Apache 🙂

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

4 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

I really hope the OH-58D and AH-64D have maximum compatibility with their systems.

It will be the newer better version of the game team Apache 🙂

Other than BFT and lasing for Hellfire there wasn't a lot of systems compatibility in the real world.

Edited by Coota0
  • Like 1

BFT?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Ta!

Got it

Danger close air support for choppers or ALL winged aircraft blue on blue prevention.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

22 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Ta!

Got it

Danger close air support for choppers or ALL winged aircraft blue on blue prevention.

Not exactly. It gives you an idea of where the good guys are and it can give you an idea of where the bad guys are (if anyone bothers to update it when in contact), but I wouldn't use it for danger close CAS. It does have a very handy text message function that is great when you have different radio fills than a ground unit. It does grealy assist in SA for friendly forces or aircraft in congested airspace.

Copy that.

A environment where I will use it in DCS would be fabulous.... but we will get there.

• 5 months later...

Quick question. Will we be able to shoot rifles out the doors?

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:00 AM, Shark 3-1 said:

Quick question. Will we be able to shoot rifles out the doors?

No. Not worth the payoff to implement. This has been covered many times, so you can search if you want more detail.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, S. Low said:

Will we get the Kiowa before the Strike Eagle though? 😆

No one knows :dunno:

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg