OH-58D Announcement

I mean if the F-16 "doesn't count" then we can talk about the Yak-52 🙃(or the WW2 Asset Pack, or the Super Carrier or perhaps the Viggen ?)

All I am saying is that it takes time for DCS modules to go from announcement to release out of Early-access; and this project is not different. So considering that they plan to skip the Early Access phase and go straight to release, the time scale is well within any other module development time.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'd agree with the doubt if it weren't for the presence of the OH-58D in the '23 and beyond video. And it was very prominently featured there.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

On 3/7/2023 at 7:43 AM, Ogma said:

I understand the concerns and the scepticism, I however don't share them.

As you said, communication builds hype and I think they will communicate a lot more when they are ready to start the hype train; not before. As to avoid what happened in 2020.

COMMUNICATION isn't "hype" or it shouldn't be taken that way, or made into hype.  Communication should be the best know information at that time.  People should understand that, and understand that things change.  My two cents worth.

• Like 2

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

6 hours ago, AKA_Clutter said:

COMMUNICATION isn't "hype" or it shouldn't be taken that way, or made into hype.  Communication should be the best know information at that time.  People should understand that, and understand that things change.  My two cents worth.

There is a vocal portion of the community that does not understand, over hypes themselves based on anything and then complains when their overinflated expectations don't match reality. I can see why a small dev team would choose to just not communicate.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Nice to see she's still alive.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Well, I didn’t follow the development very closely, so I’m quite happy with what I saw in the video. Looks like this could really be a 2023 release date. Now I just need time to learn this baby, especially since I get to build and use a A320 simulator as part of my new job.

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Casmo's latest vid on the Gazelle improvements mentions that PC is still working diligently on the Kiowa.  

• Like 1

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

• 2 weeks later...

IMHPO - One must bide your time.  It will happen, or it won't.  It will always be "not soon enough" , but once released, that will become history.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

• 2 weeks later...

Dear PC Dev‘s,

please don‘t take these bad and useless comments of some people serious.

We really appreciate your work and huge update on the gazelle, which really makes this helo a a great joy flying.

I‘m sure the KW will be great as well and you are working hard on it. I‘m really looking forward to Apache‘s little Bro…,  

Edited by corbu1
  • Like 8

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - CH-47F - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

A reminder for all, please read the forum rules and treat everyone with respect. 

If you can not please do not post. 

thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi@all,

From Wags Interview:
"Polychop OH-58D Kiowa was delayed by the main programmer was sick. ED has get a evaluation and feedback, and the module is comming."

Well, that's good news.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

7 hours ago, kotor633 said:

Hi@all,

From Wags Interview:
"Polychop OH-58D Kiowa was delayed by the main programmer was sick. ED has get a evaluation and feedback, and the module is comming."

Well, that's good news.

Take this as a joke category, it was over 2 years ago, I don't know what Wags meant, but any serious developer would just sign a contract with a new person I suppose 😉 if we talk about the same person who has been ill continuously for two years and has no contact with him.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team
3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Take this as a joke category, it was over 2 years ago, I don't know what Wags meant, but any serious developer would just sign a contract with a new person I suppose 😉 if we talk about the same person who has been ill continuously for two years and has no contact with him.

Please let's not joke about someone's illness or a group that has loyalty to that person. We do not know what is happening behind the scenes and to joke about such things is a little off-putting. Thanks. 

• Like 10

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Okay, maybe I exaggerated, I'm not going to disqualify anyone, sorry, but I have the impression that this is some kind of excuse for lack of progress. This argument has been repeated for a very long time. I remember that there were posts a long time ago that there is no contact with him at all, so it's really hard to judge if anything will come of it. It's a bit like Michelangelo wouldn't finish his painting because one of the helpers didn't deliver his paints and is waiting only for him. This is just my own opinion and of course, I wish you all the best. I'm afraid we'll see the CH-47 sooner than the Kiowa and I'm waiting for Kiowa and I can't wait.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Okay, maybe I exaggerated, I'm not going to disqualify anyone, sorry, but I have the impression that this is some kind of excuse for lack of progress. This argument has been repeated for a very long time. I remember that there were posts a long time ago that there is no contact with him at all, so it's really hard to judge if anything will come of it. It's a bit like Michelangelo wouldn't finish his painting because one of the helpers didn't deliver his paints and is waiting only for him. This is just my own opinion and of course, I wish you all the best. I'm afraid we'll see the CH-47 sooner than the Kiowa and I'm waiting for Kiowa and I can't wait.

I mean those aren’t AAA Studios.. The time and effort that passes until a new guy is continuing is immense also. 
I don’t know how it’s in this case but it’s not unlikely that Poly does this as a spare time project as well and not like Activision.

But I don’t know I’ll just chill with what we have until then anyway…

• Like 1