TDC cursor via Axis only on hot start

KEULE

Dear Deka team,

another issue I am facing is that I can only move the TDC cursor with axis if the jet is hot started in the air. If I start the jet from cold and dark I can only move the TDC via keyboard input and not with the use of axis.

Radar monitor is SOI and axis are bound like they should. In fact they were set by default. I unbound and bound them again without any change as well as tried to repair DCS what also didnt help unfortunately.

In the config menu the lines axis lines for the TDC are not red, just normal. In the config I can see their axis‘ moving.

I dont think that I am missing a step. Can you help please? Thank you so much!

Best regards.

P.S. Its the same with the target pod.

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using XBOX gamepad (XY axis) as TDC input for 802AKG control. I've tried mulitple times with MP cold start, the axis input is fine on my side.

Are U all using the warthog throttle mini TDC as axis input?

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

No, I'm using a stick of an USB panel (panel of farming simulator wheel set)

"axis control" works for cameras of the missiles/pod

I try a cold start in MP and TDC for the radar won't works with "axis control" only (works with keyboard)... but in mid-flight, it suddenly worked for the TDC's radar. I don't know why...

I retry tomorow to see what thing unlocks the TDC with axis control in flight.

Edited by Roger01

• 3 months later...

I have the exact same problem. If I start from on the ground (whether hot or cold start), the TDC axis command does not work (but keyboard commands DO work). If I start airborne in a mission, it works fine.

UPDATE: TDC axis works for pod after takeoff (hot or cold), but not for FCR.

Yes, I am selecting the proper screen.

Joystick is an X56.

Any ideas what causes this and how to fix?

Thanks!

Edited by USAF-Falcon87
More info

I have the exact same problem. If I start from on the ground (whether hot or cold start), the TDC axis command does not work (but keyboard commands DO work). If I start airborne in a mission, it works fine.

UPDATE: TDC axis works for pod after takeoff (hot or cold), but not for FCR.

Yes, I am selecting the proper screen.

Joystick is an X56.

Any ideas what causes this and how to fix?

Thanks!

Is this in SP or MP? Works fine for me in SP, i seldom use MP. If you have that problem in SP, could you upload a short track please?

But if i remember correctly, there was another thread with an X56 owner who had problems using the axis to slew the TGP in MP, maybe related.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Is this in SP or MP? Works fine for me in SP, i seldom use MP. If you have that problem in SP, could you upload a short track please?

But if i remember correctly, there was another thread with an X56 owner who had problems using the axis to slew the TGP in MP, maybe related.

I have only tried SP in the JF-17 so far. I saw that other thread (which is what made me think to try the pod to see if that worked), but there was no resolution there either.

Here is the track and this is the sequence of events:

Takeoff, gear and flaps up.

Turn Master Arm on (don't know if that matters)

Select lower center screen (radar)

Try to move cursor with thumbstick (doesn't work)

Switch to pod on right screen (eventually--still don't know this plane too well)

Move thumbstick

Cursor moves, as shown by green indexes on left and bottom of screen

Switch back to center screen

Move thumbstick, cursor doesn't move

Use keyboard commands, cursor moves

I have also attached Part 2 of the track. In the same mission I have a JF-17 that is already airborne. As you can see, the TDC moves with no problem with the thumbstick.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ric

JF-17 TDC.trk

JF-17 TDC Part 2.trk

Edited by USAF-Falcon87
Added 2nd track

I have only tried SP in the JF-17 so far. I saw that other thread (which is what made me think to try the pod to see if that worked), but there was no resolution there either.

Here is the track and this is the sequence of events:

Takeoff, gear and flaps up.

Turn Master Arm on (don't know if that matters)

Select lower center screen (radar)

Try to move cursor with thumbstick (doesn't work)

Switch to pod on right screen (eventually--still don't know this plane too well)

Move thumbstick

Cursor moves, as shown by green indexes on left and bottom of screen

Switch back to center screen

Move thumbstick, cursor doesn't move

Use keyboard commands, cursor moves

I have also attached Part 2 of the track. In the same mission I have a JF-17 that is already airborne. As you can see, the TDC moves with no problem with the thumbstick.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ric

Tried it, if the radar is in STDBY and SIL the TDC doesn't move(like in your first track). The TDC only moves for me if the Radar is active, i never tried it with the Radar in STDBY tbh or using the keyboard. I don't know if this is WIP a bug or working like intended. It would be nice if Deka could comment on that:

- TDC can't be moved in STDBY/SIL only in active

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Tried it, if the radar is in STDBY and SIL the TDC doesn't move(like in your first track). The TDC only moves for me if the Radar is active, i never tried it with the Radar in STDBY tbh or using the keyboard. I don't know if this is WIP a bug or working like intended. It would be nice if Deka could comment on that:

- TDC can't be moved in STDBY/SIL only in active

Ahhhh.... OK. Never got far enough to realize that it was in STBY/SIL, or that that would matter. (The fact that the keyboard moved it REALLY confused me!) Never had a plane where that mattered before.

Thanks for the explanation!

Ric