L-15B, a wishlist and suggestion for future modules.

J-20

On 10/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, Mars Exulte said:

From a developer perspective, the trainers are probably a pretty good investment. Minimal expense, shorter turnaround, easy access to docs, maximum profit. Not everything's about air quake 😉

http://news.jstv.com/a/20160108/1452234702366.shtml

back in 2016, China offered the copy right of L-15 to Ukraine. Ukraine was interested at first, because original L-15 uses Ukraine engine, so it is cheap for Ukraine and a very good deal for Ukraine logistically. But US pressurised them not to purchase any, and made them purchased A-29 instead, which is a far inferior plane. 

Because of that, Ukraine still had no ability to produce advanced fighter on their own and have to make do with old Soviet era planes like Su-27SK and MiG-29S. All of those can be easily out matched by Russian planes like Su-30 and Su-35. And that is why Russian took control of Ukraine air space in the matter of days. I bet Ukraine is really regretting their decide right now. If they had taken the deal, Russian planes would have to deal with PL-12 today instead of R-27.

Edited by J-20
  • Like 3

On 3/8/2022 at 6:13 PM, J-20 said:

And that is why Russian took control of Ukraine air space in the matter of days.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.... That's what we all expected to happen, for sure. Imagine our surprise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

7小时前,IcedVenom说:

I just want some news regarding their next module 😞 I want to prepare

Anything is ok for me now, even a Nanchang CJ-6 or Y-5.

Edited by Torbernite

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pilot's thoughts on the L-15 after they fly it.. But this one appeared to be an downgraded variant as the pilot call it a 3rd gen fighter. In the beginning, I thought they are using the Chinese classification of generation. In the west, planes like MiG-21 are classified as 2nd gen, while MiG-23 or F-4 are the 3rd gen. But in Chinese classification, both of them are in 2nd gen, so only 4 generations in total. But then I notice there is not PL-12 presents. So it is highly likely that this one is a downgraded variant for nations with small budget.

Also, I made a table to compare between the JL-10 (L-15) with the South Korea T-50
8C44Anv.png

Words out, there is a Navy variant. It would be fun if we can have some carrier operation on the upcoming Liaoning.

kZuS2Tz.png

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 2

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• 1 year later...