Antenna elevation on axis

I dont believe so, afaik the actual hornet hotas switch is spring loaded so the elevation only moves up and down with momentary presses of the switch. Therefore no ability to map it like a rotary like the Viper, Mirage or Tiger II.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I googled it for you, so don't expect support from me on this. I have not done this ever :)

You can do some insanity with Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T programming.

Basically you map the axis in the grey slider to some number of steps up and down in elevation, and the T.A.R.G.E.T. software will emit the number of key presses to go up or down from where you were to where you moved the axis.

For an example, look at page 31 of http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_Script_Editor_Basics_v1.5_ENG.pdf

Using AXMAP1 mode, you end up with something like KeyAxis(&Joystick, JOYX, 0, AXMAP1(5, PULSE+'r', PULSE+'l'));

obviously 'r' and 'l' aren't the right keybinds for the antenna elevation, and JOYX is the wrong axis, but I wanted to cite from the document to confirm you are looking in the correct place.

In the menu special add the possibility to tick the repair of the Antenna elevation on the axis, a similar adjustment feature is already there.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Or just a checkbox in th axis tune menu under controls (for like all axis related controls).

Most wont need it, but it allows for customization without ED needing to think about it.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 4 months later...
I googled it for you, so don't expect support from me on this. I have not done this ever :)

You can do some insanity with Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T programming.

Basically you map the axis in the grey slider to some number of steps up and down in elevation, and the T.A.R.G.E.T. software will emit the number of key presses to go up or down from where you were to where you moved the axis.

For an example, look at page 31 of http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_Script_Editor_Basics_v1.5_ENG.pdf

Using AXMAP1 mode, you end up with something like KeyAxis(&Joystick, JOYX, 0, AXMAP1(5, PULSE+'r', PULSE+'l'));

obviously 'r' and 'l' aren't the right keybinds for the antenna elevation, and JOYX is the wrong axis, but I wanted to cite from the document to confirm you are looking in the correct place.

Hi, I dig up my subject as I went to TARGET now :) did someone find a good way to manage antenna elevation in DCS ?

thanks

How do you this on the F18? Setting a big deadzone in the middle?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

desaturate the axis so it clips the output and then smooth it..... or.... set a user curve so the initial rotary input has VERY low output.

Play with the axis tuning settings (start with desaturation, then move to user curves) - they are really powerful.

Note - the added complexity with tuning for the F18 is that the radar elevation also controls TGP zoom steps.... so don't forget to check your tuning using both!

Edited by Windsortheater

desaturate the axis so it clips the output and then smooth it..... or.... set a user curve so the initial rotary input has VERY low output.

Play with the axis tuning settings (start with desaturation, then move to user curves) - they are really powerful.

Note - the added complexity with tuning for the F18 is that the radar elevation also controls TGP zoom steps.... so don't forget to check your tuning using both!

Hi, could you make a screen of your settings ?

thanks

I dont see how that could be a pleasent experience, but i might give it a try just to see how it works.

Guys, I know it is a bit misleading to have two names for the very same function, but if you look up Control and filter to Axis commands, there is in fact a "Radar Elevation" command among the axis commands. Which is exactly you seem to be looking for, I just tried to assign it to my Warthog Throttle grey slider, and tadaaa...

Guys, I know it is a bit misleading to have two names for the very same function, but if you look up Control and filter to Axis commands, there is in fact a "Radar Elevation" command among the axis commands. Which is exactly you seem to be looking for, I just tried to assign it to my Warthog Throttle grey slider, and tadaaa...

I think you're missing the point. It's about how the axis controls antenna elevation. There's a more in-depth discussion here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257205

Hi, could you make a screen of your settings ?

thanks

Here's what I do for the F18:

X55 throttle with Joy_Z (top rotary) assigned to RADAR ELEVATION CONTROL (note - this also controls TGP Zoom!)

Deadzone: 2 (my rotary has noise around its center detent so I needed a deadzone, your hardware may not. Note - set deadzone as small as possible - too high of a deadzone means that the initial input to the game will be high...OK for Radar slewing since it has very low sensitivity to axis inputs, bad for TGP zoom control since it is very sensitive to axis inputs)

Saturation X: 100

Saturation Y: 50

Curvature: 40

Invert: checked

For me, this produces a very smooth and controllable RADAR ELEVATION control - with a small input I can very precisely tweak altitude range of the scope, more rotary input speeds it up nicely but not too fast.

The TGP is goofy since it operates in discrete steps from 1-9 and the rotary just controls how fast it progresses through those steps. it requires a VERY small input... so I use the rotary like a switch on and off the center detent. One pulse on/off the detent basically moves the TGP 1 or 2 zoom steps. Not ideal but totally OK for TGP (For me).

You could add more Curvature to slow the TGP down, but this will really slow down how fast the Radar elevation changes on the attack radar.... tune to your liking.

Hope it works for you... good luck

I dont see how that could be a pleasent experience, but i might give it a try just to see how it works.

To each his own, like you suggest I like to try things then decide.

I really like using a common input to control things across planes.... with the top rotary on the X55 throttle using axis tuning I can use the same input on F15, F16, F18.... so far that's all I have tried... but it seems to work well. The only trade-off so far is F18 TGP interaction.. which I consider very minor.