looking for more help with scripts

I'm really getting into mission building and I'm ready to start implementing lua scripts. I've read through the tutorials in the forum but they're a little out dated. When I follow along with the demos, I don't see the same options or results as in the tut. Was hoping I could get a little more detail on the workflow. Right now I mainly want to set up ground patrols that continuously repeat their waypoints, or until triggered to do otherwise. Was just hoping someone could help get me started, thanx

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• 3 weeks later...
I'm really getting into mission building and I'm ready to start implementing lua scripts. I've read through the tutorials in the forum but they're a little out dated. When I follow along with the demos, I don't see the same options or results as in the tut. Was hoping I could get a little more detail on the workflow. Right now I mainly want to set up ground patrols that continuously repeat their waypoints, or until triggered to do otherwise. Was just hoping someone could help get me started, thanx

this is a good tutorial (series), but it does not use scripting. The link is just for looping routes for units, but Suntsag has many good tutorials for the ME.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Simulator_Scripting_Engine_Documentation

Here is a good starting point for scripting. Also try MIST and MOOSE

Hope this helps...